SoulSe

For how long have you been clean?  

1. 1. For how long have you been clean?

• More then 10 Years.
    • 5 - 10 Years.
    • 5 Months - 2 Years.
    • 2 - 5 Years.
    • Less then 5 months.

I have not been using any M$ products on my computer at home for 10 months. I am, however, forced to use Windows on computers at my office.

Who can be classified as clean? - Anyone who uses a computer that does not have a windoze partition on it. Whether it be at home or at work. So... one clean computer... and not something that lies in a corner in your room and never gets used....

I am just interested to find out how many of you are solo-Linux users and for how long you have managed to get by with just Linux on a machine you use all the time?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't strctly to your rules, because I vae 2 hd's 1 for windows and 1 for linux...BUT I haven't booted into windows (ok mayeb a couple of times in windows .. I think 3 times or so...but I don't think it was to do anything seriuous..mroe for helping out my brother with windows...)...So except for those few times I'm using linux for (I think :)) 9 months.

I clicked 2-5 but it could be 6-10

I have had NO WINDOWS except at work for at least 5 years but before that I had a couple or more clean PC's for probably 7 years or so.

This is a great poll though... Ive often wondered how many people are REALLY clean :D

I had XP on a laptop for 6 weeks or so a couple of years back while I got acceptable DVD playback but thats it.

I also have a VMWARE virtual Win98 and 2000 but I only use these for supporting friends who haven't seen the light.

My attitude is if I can't do it in Linux I don't do it. The last WINSh¤ machine was a TV/DVD player abiut 5 years ago.... This is why I don't like FLASH etc. (see Mystified's thread). I refuse to use anything that forces me to use Windows. There's always another way ... at least at home.

At work I am forced to use NT4 .... The only things I use are (mostly) Internet Explorer (since out Intranet doesn't work in Netscape) and Lotus Notes Client and wordpad for web design. Everything else I run remotely on a Solaris box (StarOffice etc.)

I can quit anytime... really I can... I don't need it... I am only a social user and use it only on weekends... uh huh.

Oh no, what's that... no way, you scored some adobe? Wanna do some of these docs with me? Wish I had the bucks to waste on that potent stuff that Mac got.

Oh man, sure hope the boss doesn't decide to do a D&A test anytime soon.

Moral of this story (repeat these 2 lines over and over now):

You buy more MS to do more work.

You do more work to buy more MS.

Guess it may take a while yet to break the addiction here :lol:

For me, about one year.

Of course I HAVE kept my old FAT32 data on a FAT32 partition, but I do not boot in Windoze, and haven't for about one year. I run WineX too... but I don't consider that cheating.

At work I must use Windoze XPee on my Dell laptop, no choice there...

I would say some were around 2 years on my Main p.c. at home. I have to use winblows at work sometimes, why because they pay me and I don't want them to take my check away. :wink:

And my wife's p.c. is Windows, I don't use it and only asked to touch it when it breaks! Oh btw, my wife is getting scary, we have time warner cable service, well most of you know aol owns them or vice=versa, what ever. My wifle downloaded it and put it on her p.c. now I will NEVER use it again. WIndows & AOL, how much worse can it get for a *.nix junkie . :( :( :( :(

I still lover her, :P and if it keeps us together in the office that much more than I can't complain to much(just a little) :wink: