• KMail
    • Mozilla Mail
    • Mulberry
    • Gnumail.app
    • Balsa
    • M2
    • Other

I use .... firefox!

I'm a a gmail user so really I could use any browser, Firefox just happens to be my browser of choice, in large part because I can use it both in windows and Linux.

If I were to use pop3, I'd probably use KMail, just because I'm a KDE user.

I fact, I would like to fetch my gmail mail into a linux mailbox nightly using a cron job, so that I can read it offline using a client like KMail.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used a few. Evolution was my first choice when I was using Redhat, but when I started to use mozilla in windows, I switched to mozilla email. When I seriously got into Linux (mandrake) I switched to kmail for 2 seconds before thinking it was junk and switching back to mozilla. Now I use Thunderbird because it didn't make sense to use firefox and mozilla mail. The thing I don't like about evolution is their spam filters. I continually try to make it work (use evolution at work) but nada. Thunderbird however is doing good with catching much of the spam.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to use evolution but cannot figure out how to import my address book.

some will accept csv files.

I now use thunderbird but lately it seems to shut down while deleting mail.

a window from Netscape seems to pop up asking for a problem report and I have

filled them out but who knows when it will have any effect on the problem.

anyone know how to convert the address book to get it into Evolution?

Larry.

HJT, to vote you need a certain amount of posts (I think it was 10, but I forgot).

Anyway, I use Thunderbird because it's multiplatform, so I can check my email no matter what platform I use. Heck, there is even a stand-alone USB version so that I can check my email whenever there is a Windows computer :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ex Evolution user, then switched to Sylpheed/Sylpheed-claws. When Thunderbird came out, I tried and used it for a little while. I hated how complex it was to set up...and I am an experienced Linux user. Now back on Sylpheed-claws. Spam filters are not important to me...that is what Popfile is for.