Thac and Zé's KDE 3.4 rpms

devries

i found this in mcc, under system, then menu.

it has the kde menu entry, however it is higlighted blue ? so it is there, any ideas

EDIT: the only problem i have is KDE optin not showing on the task bar, to solve i just made a shortcut to "Kcontrol" this gives you all the options to configure KDE3.4

so i fixed the login, and menu problems. all up i would say kde boots 60 70 % quicker its much faster. i recomend it the problem are easly fixed. or easy to work around.

post-6668-1111780318_thumb.jpg

Edited by flightcrank

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kbuildsycoca running...

Reusing existing ksycoca

kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/var/lib/menu-xdg/applications/Mandrakelinux/Multimedia/

Sound/amarok.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-sid'

kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kbearimportfilter.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/

servicetype 'KParts/Plugin'

kbuildsycoca: WARNING: '/var/lib/menu-xdg/applications/Mandrakelinux/Multimedia/

Graphics/kuickshow.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-ei

m'

kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kcertpart.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicet

ype 'application/binary-certificate'

Video/kaffeine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-mpeg'

Video/kaffeine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-ms-wma

'

Video/kaffeine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-ogg'

Video/kaffeine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'audio/x-pn-rea

laudio-plugin'

Video/kaffeine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/msvideo'

Video/kaffeine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'video/x-avi'

Video/kaffeine.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/servicetype 'application/x-

mplayer2'

kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kaffeine_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/serv

icetype 'KMediaPart'

kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kaffeine_part.desktop' specifies undefined mimetype/serv

this is what i got error when trying to open KDE control center. There is other error when trying to open menudrake:

(menudrake:18397): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_label_set_use_underline: assertion `GTK_IS_LABEL (label)' failed

(menudrake:18397): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_label_set_use_underline: assertion `GTK_IS_LABEL (label)' failed

ERROR: Couldn't attach to DCOP server!

Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_gc_get_colormap: assertion `GDK_IS_GC (gc)' failed at /usr/sbin/drakconsole line 36.

though urpmi kdemultimedia and graphics will solve the problem, but nothing help??

One more thing, I noticed that I only have "end session", I was wondering about restart or shut down??

Edited by dmzeplin

Hi!

I ran in a dependency hell begining from libarts-devel

and I get asked for some weird (devel)libvobrisfile

anybody else got this?

when I try to urpmi --force libarts-devel

It still requests libmas1-devel

and that requires libpangox etc.....

How can I really foce it to install arts-devel?

edit: Mandrake 10.2 rc2

(a bit outdated sig)

Edited by solarian

Check the mirrors you're using. It could be that the packages required got lost during synchronization (and always do, when you get errors like these: urpmi.update -a, (and never use 'force' :) ))

--force has saved me a lot of hassle a few times. But thanx for advice, Ill try that out. (posting this through elinks)

Which main/config urpmi db should I use if upgrading from Mankrake 10.2 RC2?  Community?  Cooker?

You can get main/contrib from 10.2 RC2 in mandrakeclub. I think it came from "download section"

Hope that helps, but I though Thac should take care of everything to upgrade KDE 3.4 from 10.2??

Edited by dmzeplin

new update of 10.2 kde-3.4.0 rpms fixed lots of bugs.

also got a new person that is helping me Claudio Pinhero from Brazil

he is building the new 10.1 version so that it will get in sync with the 10.2 version

the updated 10.1 version will hopefully be finished toadya

/Torbjörn Turpeinen (Thac)

new update of 10.2 kde-3.4.0 rpms fixed lots of bugs.

also got a new person that is helping me Claudio Pinhero from Brazil

he is building the new 10.1 version so that it will get in sync with the 10.2 version

the updated 10.1 version will hopefully be finished toadya

/Torbjörn Turpeinen (Thac)

Thanks again Thac. You've made a Canadian Linux n00b greatful for your continued builds, YET AGAIN (LOL).

In the future if my finances permit, is there somewhere I can contribute money to help you to continue do what you are doing?