Thac and Zé's KDE 3.4 rpms

devries

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I noticed a few changes (just minor annoyances). My kicker settings where changed so that must be usisng a new config. And a lot of my shortcut buttons where changed. Other than that it's working great.

PS you can use the edit button to add something to a previous post. :)

Just use urpmi: urpmi.addmedia thacs.rpms http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/thac/10.1/RPMS with hdlist.cz

And: urpmi kdebase That will give you a working kde install. After that you can install all the other packages kdemultimedia, pim edu etcetc. (You have ofcourse to restart kde with for example ctr-alt-backspace)

after adding the THAC RPM source and typing urpmi kdebase, I get this error message:

Installation failed:
       qt3-common = 3.3.3-27.1.101mdk is needed by (installed) libqt3-3.3.3-27.1.101mdk

Anyone know how I can get around that?

TIA

Nate

EDIT: Okay, nevermind, I went with the "nuclear option". I went init 3, urpme qt3 and then urpmi kdebase.

Now EVERYTHING is FUBAR and kmenueditor is crashing. Oh well, what are ya gonna do?

Edited by nchancock

Installation failed:

qt3-common = 3.3.3-27.1.101mdk is needed by (installed) libqt3-3.3.3-27.1.101mdk

This means that urpmi isn't setup correctly (not all sources/repositories arre available) or the sources are not up to date (urpmi.update -a). If something loke this happens don't uninstall but run urpmi.update and try again.

Your problem: could be config problems so rename the .kde folder and start kde again.