Doom 3 to be released August 5th

tyme

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been confirmed for a very, very long time that there will be a Linux version.  I believe it will be like UT2K3&4, included on the CDs.

According to Todd, the Linux version won't be just done yet when the PC version ships. There will be a binary download (content from PC version).

http://www.webdog.org/plans/6/

-Sascha.rb

Doom and shortly after August 5th....(like next day)

erm we all know what happened Aug 6th.... if not try the this day in history thread!

I wonder if they checked.... :woops:

p.s. Its a pretty non auspiceous day all round.

End of the Holy Roman Empire...

British annexe Nigeria

and over 20000 die on Gallipoli

I played myself on windows one of the levels, about 6 months ago (the game was still in dev, a friend of mine gave me this, I did not even know where he got this level !).

It was very buggy and slow, but pictures were really beautiful and in every scene, there are lot of "environmental" effects (neon lights blinking, small sparks, etc...). Sometimes, you are interupted by a cinematic scene showing you another point of view of the scene (a monster dragging a body away...).

Generally, it's really an oppressing atmosphere and I was so scared I turned off my speakers... :)

I can't wait. Although I don't know how well my system will run it. Has there been any word on minimum system requirements?

I'm surprised they didn't wait for christmas, but seen as they're so far over due...

They updated their website recently, but it uses all kind of flash and quicktime stuff and nonsense so I didn't get very far with it.

I wonder if there will be a mac version  :devil:

I'm pretty sure there will be a mac version. Our problem in SA is that most games shops don't stock Mac games. Luckily they're available on the 'net.

I'm pretty sure there will be a mac version.

I've just read the .plan of the CEO of ID and he says there will be a mac version, but its not ready yet and they won't be releasing it until its as polished as the PC version. I may still have time to buy a dream machine!!

I'm pretty sure there will be a mac version.

I've just read the .plan of the CEO of ID and he says there will be a mac version, but its not ready yet and they won't be releasing it until its as polished as the PC version. I may still have time to buy a dream machine!!

Yeah, because you don't have a few 64bit machines lying around already... :screwy:

But hey, it's as good a reason as any to buy a dual-G5 I guess :P

Someone mentioned there will be a linux version released soon after, does anyone know if this linux client will be coming with a windows client or not?

Since Im yet to find out if windows or linux runs by graphics card better, Id rather not have to pay for two different versions and just buy one with both clients on it (ie. ut2004)