Better browser: Mozilla or Konqueror

ral

After installing ML10, I installed Mozilla since I use have been using it for a long time. I noticed though some drop down menus in some site still dont work with Mozilla. They do work with Konqueror though. So I am now wondering, which is the better browser for Linux?

Mozzilla is a better browser. Period.

It works with plug-ins beter, it is faster once it launches, and i have never seen a drop down that didn't work unless it was using flash and that computer didn't have flash installed.

Well, there you go, just install flash and you should be very happy. also, don't install the crappy swf codec that's on the CD's. It only works for about 15% of flash displays. Go get the real flashplayer for linux and install it correctly.

I use both of the Mozilla Browsers packaged for Mandrake 10.0 (Mozilla 1.6 and Firefox 0.8) as well as Konqueror. For some reason GTK2 Mozilla apps seem really slow to load and slow to use on my desktop (KDE 3.2 with NVIDIA).

So, I am finding Konqueror to be a lot faster - and given the fact that Apple's Safari browser is KHTML: I have a hunch I won't be needing Mozilla much longer.

I like Konqueror but I like KDE.

Firefox on Windows has not crashed or locked up once with me using it for 3 months.

Konqueror on Mandrake 10 has frozen up entirely 3 or 4 times in the last 3 days alone.

My vote is therefore with any Mozilla derivative, although I'm sure my experience is a little unusual.