MANDRAKE USERS THEME/WALLPAPER COMPETITION

iphitus

Announcing MandrakeUsers first theme/wallpaper competition!

The theme for this is Linux and/or Christmas, one of the two is great, two of them just as great

You can make anything from a wallpaper, XMMS theme, to a fluxbox deco.

If you arent too skilled in the GIMP, or have somehting you really like, you can use other pieces of work and add to or modify them. So long as you do more than add one or two words

If you make theme add a screenie to go with it, we dont all run KDE or whatever you use.

If you make somehting in the Gimp, i suggest uploading the xcf so eveyone else can see what you did. Optional of course.

If you need somewhere to host it email it to iphitusau(at)yahoo.com.au, ill happily upload it.

To enter simply reply here with the link, entries are to be in by Midday Monday 15th December (Australian Time) when this thread will be locked. I will start a poll and the users here can vote, whos is the best!

Good luck!! Use the Source!!

iphitus

EDIT: NOte change in date of closing and change requirements slightly. Thanks bvc!

Edited by iphitus

For one, I'm just now seeing this thread (wonder how many others I've missed? anon, where's my 'View Your Post' in links? lol.... /I run and duck). For two, I think you may be losing people with the use of 'Christmas' as the theme. Not because poeple don't like Christmas but because skinning is a major effort, especially in linux. I've been thinking lately about doing something but if I do, it'll be something I and others can use year round. Which brings me to my next point...(three)...we ain't got no stinkin gui like windowblinds does. December 8th is hardly enough time for those interested but not very experience at theming (including me). :D

Well i did mention it didnt have to have christmas in it. And ill move the deadline to the 15th. Extra week. I'd just like to see some entries :D

It doesnt have to be 100% from scratch too. SO long as you make a decent amount of modifications.

I will post mine on friday night.

I know a few people in who have been in #musb have started...

Iphi - you asked for it - you'll get it :lol:

2 wallpapers, romantic German christmas, 1: nature, 2:traditional German christmas markets in the old towns. SWEEEEET. :devil: (or trash?)

Took hours to collect all this stuff, assemble it, resize it, arrange it with The Gimp.

And don't blame me if you think that's tasteless. These are pure emotions :juggle:

http://home.tiscali.nl/berenstraat/bilder/.../markets_de.jpg

http://home.tiscali.nl/berenstraat/bilder/...r/winter_de.jpg

--anna, 01:09 am, Amsterdam

anna -- great work! I love what you did with the santa in the snow in the second one. There are some great photos in the other one too, did you take them?

Darkelve -- there is another participant now, and i am yet to see anything from you yet! :P

illogic-al: what do you mean by '...'?

bvc: great! good luck!

iphitus: oh wait thats me :wall:

I didn't see any invision theme catagory, but I was up to the challenge at trying to create something that could be easily imported to any of these invision boards --- but especially ours.

http://68.82.95.61/forum/

(this site is not up 24/7)

A board had to be set up on my home machine to allow access to the admin functions and my server to upload the new art. The templates and css were adapted from the board's default pages, and most of the graphics have been borrowed from elsewhere and tweeked in the gimp.

Still needs some work done yet, and some more tweeking, but you can get the general idea.

Well, what i did was a modification of penguin wallpaper with transparent background from http://www.themedepot.org/itemdetail.php4?id=232 .

"Merry Christmas MUB" added on top together with some falling snow.

The background is still transparent.

Screenshot below...

The left one is 1600x1200 (1.28MB), the one on the right is the result of resampling the 1600x1200 to 1024x768 (746KB). The sign on top has a bit more snowy effect and the penguins outlines are white.

@ Iphitus,

I hope you dont mind, i took the liberty of sending the pngs to your yahoo.au address as i currently dont have a host (that is, if anyone wants to check it out... :P ).

post-31-1071263257.jpg

Looking great James however, I havent got the email.

Maybe it was too big.

I just made a geocities account that you can upload to. It is an Australian Geocities account. I just PM'ed you the details

The other alternative is to meet me on IRC. I will be there most of the day and if I am not in there or not active, just wait, someone else will be and some of the others will have the details

Lets go people!! Just over 2 days left!!