kde 3.1.4

fahd

i'm not at the Linux box right now (work..... :furious3: ) but, to edit/manipulate the KDE right click menu, i'ts something like this...........

KCC->look & feel->behaviour.......

or

KCC->desktop->behaviour.........

i know it's one of those , or in KCC->look & feel somewhere. once you find the right click options in there, you need to disable the predefined KDE right click options & then you'll be able to create your own in the same area.

Chris

Thanks, I found out how to add a custom right click menu but not how to edit or add to any of the right click menu's from the drop down list.

Though i never used the "run command" that Fahd is looking to add, i do remember it being there in previous versions. It seems a bit long winded to create a whole new right click menu, just to add one app.

There must be a way. :wall:

hmmmm........

if nobody figures it out by the time i get home from work tonight, i'll give it a looksee & post back with what i came up with. (damn Windows at work....)

Chris

just to let ya's know, i haven't found an easy way to manipulate the right click menu.....yet. :unsure:

i've searched high & low, to no avail. i'm thinking there has to be some kind of text/conf file somehwere for those options & all you'd have to do is edit it. just haven't stumbled upon that mystery file.

if i do come up with an answer (if there is an answer) i'll be sure to post it here.

Chris

just to let ya's know, i haven't found an easy way to manipulate the right click menu.....yet. :unsure:

i've searched high & low, to no avail. i'm thinking there has to be some kind of text/conf file somehwere for those options & all you'd have to do is edit it. just haven't stumbled upon that mystery file.

if i do come up with an answer (if there is an answer) i'll be sure to post it here.

Chris

Thanks.

I guessed one of the .config files need editing, but there's quite a few in the Dir, and no hint as to which one it might be.

Maybe when i have more time i will go through them one by one till i find the damn thing. :lol:

floyd........

we're trying to figure out if you can add "run" to the right click menu, not to the kicker menu. ya know, like if you right click a file or your desktop & one of the drop down options would be run.

on that note, no luck here so far either. i also looked through many files in $/.kde/share/config but i haven't seen anything that will let you manipulate right click commands. maybe you just can't.

again, if i do find a way, i'll post it here..........

Chris

Since this is strictly a KDE issue, maybe it would be best to search for further help from one of these resources:

http://www.kde.org/info/faq.php#KDE

of these all, especially the mailing list sounds like a promising avenue to me.

Edit: they said try to search this first:

http://lists.kde.org/

Edit 2: I searched that list. Is it possible they call it the 'context menu'? If so, it could give better results than 'right-click menu' when searching.

Edited by Darkelve

Maybe this!?

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tut...rvicemenus.html

Edit 3: I did some more research and found that the official name for this window is:

"desktop context menu"

Try this:

http://lists.kde.org/?w=2&r=1&s=desktop+co...ontext+menu&q=t

hope I could help set you on your way....

Edited by Darkelve