9.2 isos now available for club members

pmpatrick

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hovering around 65KB/s download and 21KB/s up. The test torrent file from last week flew at around 200. In theory, I guess BitTorrent is cool, but in actual practice, it kinda sucks (I'm on cable). I have all the extra ports open to seed it, too. I guess everyone else is limiting their upload speed too much.

P.S. When you're done downloading, please leave bittorrent open for an hour or so, to seed it to other people, so we can get fast download speeds, as well. Thanks.

ezroller, try this:

[patrick@localhost patrick]$ btdownloadcurses.py --max_upload_rate 10 mytorrent-pmpatrick.torrent

It doesn't help all that much but at least you'll be spared the indignity of uploading 3X what you download. Apparently, the upload sends a lot of packets back which eats up download bandwith considerably. My upload bandwith is limited to ~16KB/sec by my ISP so I fiddled around a bit and found 10KB/sec UPload max to be the sweet spot for reasonable uploads and greater than or equal to downloads. My download speed is bouncing around from 5 to 30KB/sec still sucks but not as much as before.

BITTORRENT==BUTTORRENT :x :x

Okay, now I have to eat my words. Went out for about three hours and came back to find I'm downloading at 200KB/sec with 1.6GB already downloaded :roll: :lol: Don't know when it happened but it must have really kicked into overdrive because I had less than 70MB downloaded after two hours when I left. Go figure. I'll leave it up overnight to help others.

Guest tuxthepenguin

will one of you be nice, and post the .torrents for us ? Pleeaseee.. I would join the club, but financial constraints are particularly bad right now.. plus, it's open source, so it's not illegal or anything.

I too would like this ASAP, but will be supportive of Mandrake's decision to allow the club members first dibs and wait 2 more weeks. It will be worth it :D

I hear it is possible to have 9.2 final today by doing a net install. The 9.2 rpms are posted on the official mirrors. Or I hear you can install a minimum 9.2 rc2 system and urpmi the updates from the mirrors and get the same product.

will one of you be nice, and post the .torrents for us ? Pleeaseee.. I would join the club, but financial constraints are particularly bad right now.. plus, it's open source, so it's not illegal or anything.

It's not illegal, but what's the point in the members supporting MDK and not getting an added benefit.

So please, NO one post the torrent links.

Or I will have to be an :twisted: MOD and delete them.

:wink:

well, i've started my download...

|| file:    download                                                       

|| size:    2,144,389,120 (2.0 GB)

|| dest:    /home/mark/Downloads/BitTorrent-3.3/download                     

|| progress:____________________________________________ 

|| status:  finishing in 601:35:13 (0.0%)

|| speed:    252    B/s down -  0    B/s up

|| totals:    0.1 MB  down -  0.0 MB  up

|| error(s):

||                 

maybe i'll have it tomorrow :)

It is illegal to allow access to a product againts the will of the person who creates/supplies said product. Open Source != Free. Open Source merely means you can look at the source code for free, not that you get the binaries for free. You can be patient and wait a few weeks.