9.2 isos now available for club members

pmpatrick

Guest zgwortz
I too would like this ASAP, but will be supportive of Mandrake's decision to allow the club members first dibs and wait 2 more weeks. It will be worth it

I too will wait 2 more weeks (or longer). That way I can see all the feedback from all the early adopters and see if it's worth taking a chance on this update or not. ;)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Download is done but no md5sums to be found. Here's what I got for the three isos:

40c8812dce7b9f8fb0a3b364af62b974 MandrakeLinux-9.2-17-Download-1.i586.iso

e07fe7b1474eb3ba35cac3dfd479777e MandrakeLinux-9.2-18-Download-2.i586.iso

2b6ffc5957533c927f14197ec99a0372 MandrakeLinux-9.2-19-Download-3.i586.iso

They say you don't have to worry about md5sums with bittorrent but I'd appreciate someone else posting what they get for comparison.

They say you don't have to worry about md5sums with bittorrent but I'd appreciate someone else posting what they get for comparison.

That is correct, you don't have to worry about it. the entire time it's running through bittorent, it's running checks.

I've used bittorent on old MDK/RH/Fedora/Slackware and never once had a bad iso.

Download iso from ftp sites and that's up in the air.

I too would like this ASAP, but will be supportive of Mandrake's decision to allow the club members first dibs and wait 2 more weeks. It will be worth it :D 

I hear it is possible to have 9.2 final today by doing a net install. The 9.2 rpms are posted on the official mirrors. Or I hear you can install a minimum 9.2 rc2 system and urpmi the updates from the mirrors and get the same product.

that's what i did

I started downloading last evening at my lab and went over night. I have all three iso's now. Unfortunately, I had to rely on a winxp computer. I never could get BitTorrent to work on my Linux box. I should add that both computers are identical in all respects except for OS. For linux, I unistalled components, reinstalled, tried seveal versions, etc. Nothing. On winxp, I ran the install, and ran the program. It just worked. Don't get me wrong. I love linux. I use it exclusively at work surrounded by win boxes. And I'll be installing 9.2 this evening. BUT I really am not happy with Mandrake for posting this update in a form not easily accessable by a Club Member. (And before I get flamed, Yes I did read the man pages; yes I did read the faq; yes I did post my problems on the Mandrake Users Board)

well, they took the run option away from the right-click menu in KDE. wtf? this looks like libranet or something. It is esthetically pleasing, but it seems to fool proof for me. I am not impressed yet.