Best Linux magazine?

Darkelve

i can really say one magazine is better than the other. it depends on your knowledge evel and what you want your linux distro for. in germany we have at least ten linux magazines, all with a different approach and a different geek-level. the best magazine would be "all of them in one edition"

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I like the reviews in LinuxFormat. And I like the "How-To" style articles in Tuxmagazine (e.g. how to make a Christmas card with Scribus). Also I like to have at least 1 coverdisk with interesting stuff, like a CD or DVD with a latest distro or nice games, software, ...

And I use SuSe for word processing, finance management, other productivity apps, web development, internet, music and games.

The less geek the better, although I do want to avoid the "total N00b" magazines. (no, I don't want to build a spectral oscilloscope or make a coffee machine with Linux :P )

back when maximum linux still existed it was a great magazine. unfortunately it went under...but i have a little over a year of them (bi-montly). they're interesting to go back and look at.

i haven't found a good linux magazine since

Well, I bought it in a paper/magazine "shop" in Belgium and was surprised to see the large amount of Linux magazines they had (4 or 5 I think), although they also had tons of Windoze magazines... I keep wondering how they can sell all of those, since we're not THAT big a town (about 35 000 people) ?

Only problem is, they're very expensive, probably 'cause they come from other countries in the EU (mostly UK, I guess).

dude, where did you find it? (plz let it be Leuven... ;) )

although my search probably wasn't very thorough, I've never been able to find a linux-mag in a paper/magazine-shop over here

Well, I bought it in a paper/magazine "shop" in Belgium and was surprised to see the large amount of Linux magazines they had (4 or 5 I think), although they also had tons of Windoze magazines... I keep wondering how they can sell all of those, since we're not THAT big a town (about 35 000 people) ?

Only problem is, they're very expensive, probably 'cause they come from other countries in the EU (mostly UK, I guess).

dude, where did you find it? (plz let it be Leuven... ;) )

although my search probably wasn't very thorough, I've never been able to find a linux-mag in a paper/magazine-shop over here

Actually, in a shop in the town I live in (Lommel). I'm sure if they can ship over there, that there will be other shops that have it. If you take a subscription, they'll send it to your doorstep, but as for me I probably will not buy every issue (december edition was nice, included Ubuntu and Fedora Core 3 B) )

hmmm, I've heard of an 'International Magazine Shop' around here, maybe I'll go and check it out later

I also don't want to subscribe (at least not before I've tested some of the magazines)

thx anyway

ow yeah, you say they were expensive, how much did you pay for it?

Edited by vandam

hmmm, I've heard of an 'International Magazine Shop' around here, maybe I'll go and check it out later

I also don't want to subscribe (at least not before I've tested some of the magazines)

thx anyway

ow yeah, you say they were expensive, how much did you pay for it?

I think last time I went (last Saturday) it was €15 for the DVD edition and €13 for the CD edition.