FireFox 1.0 is out!

Darkelve

there were problems with stability before?

Yes, in the RC versions. The Mozilla team did not exactly made a secret of the fact these were more 'testing' versions and people minding too much bugs should stick with 1.0PR until 1.0 Official would come out.

Just did a fresh install on my Windows machine at work. Is it me, or is it a lot slower ???

Ahh, this is just due to the increased traffic of 10 million users all trying to download Firefox 1.0 today :P (It was a little congested at mozilla.org this morning, though.)

I installed it at work today on Windows, and tonight on Linux, with no problems - settings migrated OK, and now Slashdot actually renders correctly on the first attempt so I'm happy.

Our own great Telstra Bigpond here in Australia (yes I think it is great despite the views of some of the knockers), had it ready to download from its customer software services servers within minutes of it being released and already it has 27 downloads to Linux users and 224 to windows users and 11 to mac users.

Windows ==== 224

Linux ======= 27

Mac ======== 11

Total so far === 262

I suspect that a lot of Telstra customers are only now starting to realize it is there to download now ( It is 9.46 PM AESDST ) [Australian Eastern Standard Daylight Saving Time]

Go Firefox. Go ....... away.........Microsoft.

Cheers. John.

As of 11.30 PM AESDST the tally is now nearly 300. An extra 40 in about 2hrs.and mostly windows users. You would normally expect Linux users to be up tto date mostly. But it looks like the message is really getting out to the Windows users at last in a really big way. Almost tidal wave.

A further update as a 2.30PM AESDT (12th Nov). I seems like Windows users are really getting the message.

Windows=======441

Linux===========48

Mac============21

Total===========510 It is going great. John.

Edited by AussieJohn

This is a bump. I hope this OK.

Our own great Telstra Bigpond here in Australia (yes I think it is great despite the views of some of the knockers), had it ready to download from its customer software services servers within minutes of it being released and already it has 27 downloads to Linux users and 224 to windows users and 11 to mac users.

Windows ==== 224

Linux ======= 27

Mac ======== 11

Total so far === 262

I suspect that a lot of Telstra customers are only now starting to realize it is there to download now ( It is 9.46 PM AESDST ) [Australian Eastern Standard Daylight Saving Time]

Go Firefox. Go ....... away.........Microsoft.

Cheers. John.

As of 11.30 PM AESDST the tally is now nearly 300. An extra 40 in about 2hrs.and mostly windows users. You would normally expect Linux users to be up tto date mostly. But it looks like the message is really getting out to the Windows users at last in a really big way. Almost tidal wave.

A further update as a 2.30PM AESDT (12th Nov). I seems like Windows users are really getting the message.

Windows=======441

Linux===========48

Mac============21

Total===========510 It is going great. John.

This post has been edited by AussieJohn: Today, 01:39 AM

--------------------

The Computer Desktop of the future is already here TODAY.........

Registered LINUX user #318452

hm going to give it another try, sofar i only got issues with firefox, it clearly seemed to dislike me. Issues i had were for instance not to be able to click on links in emails and not being able to set it as the default browser. In the end I scrapped it and reverted back to mozilla. :drum: