Savage

miemens

Hey you guys should check this game out for sure. I downloaded the demo after zero0w posted about it a few weeks ago and fell in love with it.I bought the retail later and its the best PC game I've played in a LONG time. I haven't had this much fun since when quake 1 came out. It's an RTSS which stands for real time strategy shooter which basically means its like an rts with human controled units. Each team gets a commander who plays rtts style and everyone else plays as a unit fps style.....hard to explain but trust me it's awesome. Plus they have GREAT linux support (win32/linux install on the same cd....not hidden away like Ut2k3, really helpfull devs with a forum just for linux users, and get this...linux support listed on the box! No way!)

Hey you guys should check this game out for sure. I downloaded the demo after zero0w posted about it a few weeks ago and fell in love with it.I bought the retail later and its the best PC game I've played in a LONG time. I haven't had this much fun since when quake 1 came out. It's an RTSS which stands for real time strategy shooter which basically means its like an rts with human controled units. Each team gets a commander who plays rtts style and everyone else plays as a unit fps style.....hard to explain but trust me it's awesome. Plus they have GREAT linux support (win32/linux install on the same cd....not hidden away like Ut2k3, really helpfull devs with a forum just for linux users, and get this...linux support listed on the box! No way!)

How are the graphics ? I too fell in love with this game, got the retail, and I don't really play these types of games. This one is a great one though. I installed it, and when I try to run the game, it just gives me heartaches graphically. Either my keyboard is not working or the mouse is not working, sometimes the game will not even start. What Resolution you running the game in ?

The game design of Savage by itself is a very interesting idea. The problem might be of a lack of a single player campaign/story; and perhaps more balanced gameplay in some of the map.

The thing is, I talked with my friend who is VERY fond of Japanese stuff and when we came to discuss this game, he believed that if the same game design is applied to the Gundam franchise/story, it could be an instant best-seller in Japan. A good design with a famous franchise, erm, very intriguing.

I run the game in 800x600 in mid level settings and get about 35-40 fps most of the time. I installed the game under the windows partition of this machine for my brother and do notice it gets a slight fps boost. A driver issue perhaps? Anyways I'm running it on:

1.4ghz Athlon

256mb Ram

GeForce2 MX400 64mb

2mb/s downstream cable

I run the game in 800x600 in mid level settings and get about 35-40 fps most of the time. I installed the game under the windows partition of this machine for my brother and do notice it gets a slight fps boost. A driver issue perhaps? Anyways I'm running it on:

1.4ghz Athlon

256mb Ram

GeForce2 MX400 64mb

2mb/s downstream cable

Now that I have finally found the actual support forums, I have posted my problems there with the updating and the retail game not running. Will see what happens. Thanks for the info :)

>The problem might be of a lack of a single player campaign/story;

More of an online game then??  Maybe I won't bother downloading it then....  :angry:

I almost kinda wished I didn't pay for it now :( I am having a ton of problems either with the download or just getting the damn things installed and running now. I had no problems with the demo, but now...I am not even getting any help of suggestions in the support forums, and it seems like everyone else is having a lot of linux related issues with the game as well. Plus the updater just complains and craps out now hehehehehe I am still just trying to get a complete download of the .gz file for linux so that I can extract it and see what is going on, but it keeps corrupting before I can get it all. I have the ISO image on CD which did install and was working (sort of) but now it just errors out on the updates.

• 9 months later...
>The problem might be of a lack of a single player campaign/story;

More of an online game then??  Maybe I won't bother downloading it then....  :angry:

I almost kinda wished I didn't pay for it now :( I am having a ton of problems either with the download or just getting the damn things installed and running now. I had no problems with the demo, but now...I am not even getting any help of suggestions in the support forums, and it seems like everyone else is having a lot of linux related issues with the game as well. Plus the updater just complains and craps out now hehehehehe I am still just trying to get a complete download of the .gz file for linux so that I can extract it and see what is going on, but it keeps corrupting before I can get it all. I have the ISO image on CD which did install and was working (sort of) but now it just errors out on the updates.

?? What issues? I just bought this today and it worked just fine, I even joined a game and played until I was killed once, and then I quit.

You have the original CD, right? Why not try this:

Install the game.

Download the 2.00b patch.

Untar it into the game directory.

Download the 2.00b->2.00c patch.

Untar it into the game directory.

Play game.

Let me know if you have any issues.

I've played this game before in a LAN party is very very good, even the graphics are really good, you enjoy the game online more than you probably would in single player, also depending whos your commander in the online game determains that too. If you have a sucky person that doesn't know what they are doing then you might end up dead every time, but some one that knows what they are doing will give you new weapons and such ........good gave overall.

-Luis

Hey guys, we could either plan a time on this board, or using the board's chat room, or even make our own chat room on IRC... Or we could start an email chain...

I'm off work tomorrow at 1am Eastern, so when I get home I could play, or we could set up a time for like the weekend or something... I'd love to play, even though I don't know really what I'm doing yet.

I could try running the server, or we could just meet in the chatroom and pick a server to use.

Of course, I am using the full game, not the demo. I don't have the demo, not sure how it is compared to the full game. There are always lots of people playing the full game though, at least in the last few days there have been many servers, many with lots of players.

The game's only $19.99US for a CD-key, or you could probably find a copy in your local gameshop cheaper (mine was $13.50 Canadian).

Cool once I get a good gaming PC I'll make sure to contact you so we can all play! This is defenetly a MUST have game.

-Luis

Those laptop specs look pretty good, but do you have a decent video card in there? :)