Half-Life 2?

DOlson

HJ linked me to this page: http://www.half-life2.org.uk/check.php

Operating System: You will be able to play on Linux, however you need to get the Linux version!

Uh, yeah... What is this all about? Anyone heard anything?

Just been browsing that site - it seems to say pretty clearly that Half Life 2 will be available for Linux, which is pretty cool. I must admit that I didn't think all that much of the first one - but there's always a very good chance that the sequel will be a lot better

Half-Life 2 will also take FULL advantage of a very fast computer and graphics. For example a AMD 3000XP and Radion 9800 Pro. The graphics just get better!

There is even a 64 bit port for the new generation of processors, and it will also run on Linux.

Note, These specifications are unofficial but there are no official ones either.

My emphasis.

Looks promising...

Hi,

Unfortunatly the nobbins who wrote the script for me failed to note that the

port will be for the server version of Half-Life 2, however there are

unconfirmed rumors of a Linux client, as a Linux user myself I am strongly

in favour of a Client version.

Apoligies for the confusion, I gave Roger (the coder) a good smack round the

head.

Regards

Stuart

Half-Life2.org.uk Director

Oh,...

So again they are using us Linux users for hosting SERVERS for their game but not giving us a client...

HMMMMM,...

Let's hope that this "hopefullness" of giving us a Linux client turns out to be reality. I for one would encourage a boycot (on the server end) of any game that gives us a Linux server but no Linux client...

If they don't let us play natively, why should we host???

keep in mind to pester your favorite stores and walmarts (note how I separated those) :) for a linux version so that average joe and jane q. doe hear of this nifty new OS! I'll buy a linux version even though the first one didn't thrill me...

"Gotta support the team." --Puddy on Seinfeld

The site www.mymidrums.com is running Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) Chili!Soft-ASP/3.6.2 mod_perl/1.24_01 PHP/4.0.6 FrontPage/5.0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.1 OpenSSL/0.9.6 on Linux. Ahhhhh. Thanks netcraft!