clock applet

Floyd

I guess it depends which desktop environment you are using. In KDE you only have to right-clic the taskbar and select Add->Applet->Clock. You can do this as much as you want so you can basically add zillon clocks =). To configure one just right-clic it and select the right option.

Don't know for Gnome, Blackbox, Enlightment, IceWM, ...

MOttS

sorry for the confusion, by *rc, I meant configuration files... like .bashrc, .gtkrc, .aumixrc etc.

I don't use a taskbar, so I'm not testing it, I'm just thinking there there might be seperate configuration files if you use two different clocks, whereas if you use copies of one clock, they probably use the same configuration file, so changing one from 12 to 24 would also change the other.

you could also just run the gnome taskbar in kde...I forget what its called, but its just like any other app. You can call the taskbars up regardless of what WM you are using. That way, you could still be in KDE, and have both of the clocks.

thank you

ezroller

steve scrimpshire

this has been most helpful. i have tried gnome-panel on kde desktop. running applications from gnome panel seemed a bit slower. i couldn't find a way to stop kde panel,apart from kill, now i'm using kde panel and gnome panel together. i can't find info on gnome applets being used in kde panel or removing kde panel from desktop through my mandrake manuals or internet searches. using two panels is working well, however i am considering qnr's suggestion " Different clocks perhaps? So you have seperate *rc files for each? ".

i have tried gnome-panel on kde desktop. running applications from gnome panel seemed a bit slower. i couldn't find a way to stop kde panel,apart from kill, now i'm using kde panel and gnome panel together. i can't find info on gnome applets being used in kde panel or removing kde panel from desktop through my mandrake manuals or internet searches.  using two panels is working well, however i am considering qnr's suggestion  " Different clocks perhaps? So you have seperate *rc files for each? ".

Try making an auxillary Gnome panel and only running programs with KDE's. I've posted a screenshot of my desktop so you can see what I mean. I'm only running Gnome, but the idea is the same; the panel is a random collection of things I like :), plus it frees up my main one to list the running programs. (I normally use them on auto-hide so as not to take up so much monitor space.)

Cheers!

MottS

Drunken Penguin

qnr

alien slime

ezroller

Andrewski

casual

thanks to all of you i am having alot more fun with icm tw gnome blackbox mozilla everything

i am attempting to edit this post ezroller posted just before i found edit instructions also he probably has some odd private messages i'm kinda shakey and can't type when i'm not

i felt user stodge would benefit from your posts here

user stodge posted:

Second panel in KDE - possible?