Neverwinter Nights final client out!

DOlson

Yes, that's right. And you can now download all the data you need, so really, you just need to buy the game for the CD key and you're all set.

Also, the Shadows of Undrentide expansion is out and it works with Linux too.

Bioware wants us to download 1.2Gb of data? Are they bloody lunatics? Pffffffft. I don't think so!

scroll further down, there's the option for installing using an existing windows install. i'm sure there are ways to get the necessary files off the CD. i believe tuxgames is making an installer to do this for you.

that 1.2gb of data includes _all_ the necessary files (for the game), meaning all the files you get on the game CD.

Guest JaseP

Get ravage's installer, install to Linux through that, then get the executables only patch to get the full client.

Shadows of Unrentide is out??? I haven't seen it yet...

Guest JaseP

Ravage's installer installs all the necessary files, they you have to patch it with the beta patches... or now the final patch.

If it's not working after that, then there might be something wrong with your installation like OpenGL or SDL not being setup right (download that SDL 2.5 RPM and install it), or you didn't give ownership permissions to the user who will be playing the game (NWN does not run as a multi-user executable). Try those solutions first.

Bioware wants us to download 1.2Gb of data? Are they bloody lunatics? Pffffffft. I don't think so!

Meet me on IRC and I can help you with ravage's installer. Or he'll probably post in this thread helping you, you never know with him. :)

I won't be home until Monday though. You'll need the NWN CDs.

Guest JaseP

While the 1.3 release has been made, the "official" release for NWN is the 1.29 build. So you don't NEED 1.30 to play. 1.30 is for SoU connectivity and a few other enhancements...

It's worth pointing this out so people don't patch up unnecessarily.

I just read this over on happypenguin.org

TuxGames.com CEO Michael Simms wants everyone to know:

Just thought Id let you know that Tux Games will ship NWN with mpeg versions of all the cinematics, meaning you shouldnt need to bother with emulators to play them. Whilst they dont trigger directly from in the game, we are including an additional program to make them run on request depending on your position in the game.

This sounds good hopefully they will just sell there installer for people that already have the game.

Guest JaseP

I really don't need the cinematics,... I played the Windoze version of it for a while, and didn't care much for them.

and Ravage's installer is free...

Not that TuxGames is doing a bad thing here. They're jus a little late in getting it together.

Now if they tell me they're selling the Linux version of Knights of the Old Republic, then I'd be very interested (by the way, BioWare hasn't announced whether there will even BE a Linux version).