OPEN YOUR SPARKLING WINE BOTTLES, MUNICH GOES LINUX!!!

qeldroma

The Munich city council has decided to take IBM-Linux AND OOffice for .., I HAVE TO SPELL THIS:

################################

FOUR...TEN.....THOUSAND!!!!!

################################

14.000 PCs and 16.000 users. This decision has took about one year, the german M$-Manager stopped his holidays last week exactly for this and offered another M$-prize.

At the end of last week, it seems like the decision goes to M$, but yesterday came the last decision and it was linux, because the overall prize is the same as M$, but the quality is abundantly clear on the OpenSource side :twisted:

The governing major is straight about this signing impact on the business, but wants to show munich as modern and interesting IT-landscape for investions and embraces this decision.

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/anw-26.05.03-004/

ramfree: :cheeky:

all others: this thread has been move by the official * Not-so-evil * :tm: moderator

hmmmn. although your response time is improving, the cheeky emoticon is making me doubt if i have to demote you to "Almost-Not-so-Evil moderator":tm: status. :?

:#:

ciao!

I thought the vote is going to be on Wednesday.. from what I see in the (badly translated) article, it seems that so far about 60% of the seat in the vote are sympathetic to linux while 40% are windows users. The margin is somewhat thin for me so that M$ can always bribe just a little of that 10% to sway the vote back to them.

Anyway, I just don't want to keep my hopes up.. not gonna jinx it.. nope, not me..

I'll celebrate with you if the votes are out and Munich truly choose linux. :)

@DragonMage:

Well, the major party (SPD) has got choosen. And not all others are M$. So, if the major party AND some of the others choose....

....In the press, it is seen as final, i hope so :shock:

@SoulSe:

HEYY!!! You did NOT see the women here in Hamburg!!!