Rumours on Xandros taking MS IP deal

Gowator

That does not surprise me that much. Actually I expected them to adopt the MS-deal sooner. They were always a rather "untrustworthy" company IMO.

Next one who signs the deal: Linspire. Make your bets :D

I read the whole thread, and I think some posts maybe got deleted, because I just saw that mod just jump in, warn him and suspend him immediately. Either there were more and were cleaned up/deleted, or he reacted way to quick.

I installed Xandros once. Was removed much quicker than it took installing it. Looks nice, but a pain if you want control over things.

Unfortunately, they both missed the March 28 date for signing, so anyone who signs after this can't distribute open-source code under GPLv3 :lol2:

Unfortunately, it's a shame so many people are doing this, as it'll probably give Microsoft more items to include in their applications when they realise what else they're missing control of.

CEO Kevin Carmony has Clicked on that an alliance with micro$oft can be quite a cashcow (no offense meant to cows) 'n' now they're Running to collect. After the kicking in they got over the use of the name 'Lindows' you'd have thought this kind of alliance would be the last thing to happen. Just further proof that for the afore mentioned CEO, 'Money talks and Bull$#1t walks'. If they're too weak to resist the lure of rubbing up against micro$oft then good riddance I say. :hanged:

Edited by {BBI}Nexus{BBI}