9.1 RC2...

CanuckKev

I installed RC2 without a problem. It autodetected my home network without a problem. BUT :roll:

After installing the kernel upgrade in 9.0 in order to fix supermount, I had supermount problems come back with a vengence. I thought this kernel in RC2 had the fix!! Mandrake should get rid of it until it is fixed. I am also suprised that I again needed to install texstar's kdeartwork rpm in order to have a selection of screen savers. Why are they not including that in the distribution? At any rate, it is looking good, and my desktop is attracting the attention of friends who think that computer=windows.

Hmm.. there is an updated kernel from the cooker, try installing that.. remember.. this is still beta.. Everytime mandrake does a kernel, they have to repatch supermount in it. IIRC mandrake said that kernel 2.4.x doesn't like supermount that much.. it takes some kind of kludge to make it work properly.

Anyway, kdeartwork rpm is in the disks I think, just not installed by default (or even a choice in the initial installation). After finishing installation, check rpmdrake, I think you find kdeartwork in there.

[dmage@dragonmage dmage]$ rpm -qa |grep kdeartwork

kdeartwork-3.1-1mdk

i didn't find it on the disks and a lot of people on the cooker mailing list were complaining because it was left out so I doubt that was from the disks, you got it from cooker without knowing maybe.

And yes some sort of kdeartwork package will be available for the final.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't find it on the disks and a lot of people on the cooker mailing list were complaining because it was left out so I doubt that was from the disks, you got it from cooker without knowing maybe.

And yes some sort of kdeartwork package will be available for the final.

Yup, I just checked and kdeartwork is not in the disks.. my mistake.. I guess I installed it from cooker without realizing it.

On MDK 9.1 when i go to open a file in any KDE application i cant double click and go into directories or higlight and select/open any files.. I click click and nothing happens..

i have to type the location in the top dropdown so that it goes anywhere..

has anyone encountered this on RC2 ??

i dont like the new login manager.. 

it looks LAME, not customizable, ect.. should have stuck to KDM..

ps.. almost nothing in the mandrake control center works for me exept a few.

If this is the final RC before the final.. we better start praying..

I'm having this same damn problem