Mandriva's best?

Guest marco-caco

As far as i know, they are the same official version, but mdv one is a live cd which can be used to install mdv on ur hard drive if you decide you like it. 2006 is still the official release, if you want a newer version you will have to move to cooker.

Stef

Guest marco-caco
As far as i know, they are the same official version, but mdv one is a live cd which can be used to install mdv on ur hard drive if you decide you like it. 2006 is still the official release, if you want a newer version you will have to move to cooker.

Stef

It mean that cooker is the last release, isn't it?

Mandriva One (rc3) uses the cooker mirrors by default in the mcc setup. You'll have to set your sources to the 2006 release after it is installed to your hard drive. I didn't try it with the cooker sources, I just unchecked them in the software sources setup, and used easy-urpmi to set up 2006.

As far as I know, Mandriva One is still beta until it's been released to the club and then later to the public.

I would say Mandriva 2006 is your best bet until Mandriva One has been officially released and no longer beta. I like stability :P