Ubuntu info

jlc

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know if there is already a patched 2.6.9 kernel in the ubuntu apt-get mirrors available?

Nope, even in Hoary it is still a 2.6.8.1 kernel

You could always d/l the vanilla and use your config and make old config. You can also build a .deb kernel if you want to, just look in google for "building kernel the debian way" and you'll get all types of answers :)

i only asked because i would want to install ubuntu on a lappy of my girlfriend, once ubuntus kernel ipv6 bug is sorted out (it is already gone in 2.6.9 in fedora ;)). so i will wait some weeks.

not the worst thing that happened in my life ... :beer:

i don't know what's up with gnoppix other than what the homepage says

GNOPPIX 0.8.2 Warty RC2 is out (2004-10-23)

The Gnoppix project proudly presents the release candidate of version 0.8.2 of the Gnoppix linux live cd. 0.8.2 comes with the develop efforts of UbuntuLinux.

GNOPPIX Warty (2004-10-15)

There have been some big developments in regards to Gnoppix that I'm excited to report. Recently, I've been contacted by developers working on the new Debian derivative "Ubuntu" about collaboration between Ubuntu and Gnoppix.

and that they've contacted me about doing artwork for gnoppix :cheesy:

we shall see

good luck...

i hope you come up with something that is totally individual and different from those 300 + distros out there and very professional-looking, eye relaxing. i am really excited. B)