Phoenix Web Browser (Mozilla based)

Guest Cyclops

Guest Cyclops

Phoenix version 0.3 is due out any time now. They've already posted about it in the release notes:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/phoenix/ph...ease-notes.html

I'm using the latest nightly build and it's getting better all the time. Some are saying that the flash plugin doesn't work for them but it works fine for me. Just copied them directly into the Phoenix 'plugins' directory and all is swell. 8)

Guest Cyclops

Hey guys & gals, Mozilla.org released Phoenix 0.3 last night and it is getting better all the time. It already renders pages much more smoothly than does Mozilla, in my opinion. Once all the bells and whistles, and user preferences are incorporated into it, this will be a tough browser to beat. 8)

Wonder what the Thunderbird email client that is intended to go with it will be like?

Guest Cyclops

Spiedra, I can't speak for geldroma, but flash works fine for me, too - and all I did was copy the plugins directly into the 'plugins' directory that's located in the main Phoenix folder. If I remember correctly, it worked in the last version, too.

Hope this helps... :)

The /plugins things are ALWAYS the same as under Netscape6/Mozilla, because they all take the same rendering engine gecko.

And that's the one to handle the plugins.

So everything you install under Mozilla should do his job as simple under Phoenix

Guest Cyclops

Version 0.4 was scheduled out yesterday, but that didn't happen for whatever reason.

Anyway, I downloaded the latest night build to see what it's looking like, and some parts of the browser are taking on a bit of 'Galeon look', which surprised me a bit. The favicon bug seems to be fixed, and it's more stable than before (at least it is for me). As for web browsing, Phoenix continues to work much better for me than does Mozilla.

Anyone heard what the hold up on version 0.4 might be?