Phoenix Web Browser (Mozilla based)

Guest Cyclops

Hey Linux guys/gals - I don't know anything about the Windows version, but I'm using the version for Linux, and so far, I really like it.

It comes with the Orbit theme (it's really cool), and this browser is really fast. In fact, it seems much faster than any of the other browsers I've tried. Not a lot of options in preferences yet, but they promise that they are coming. No mail, no chat, or any of that extra stuff, but that doesn't bother me. I hope they can streamline this baby even more.

The download is still about 10.4 megs, but keep in mind that the Orbit theme itself is about 1.5 megs of that. :cool:

Phoenix Web Browser

I don't have a problem with the speed of mozilla myself, so i don't see a point in changing as i like having all the features.

But i will download it just to take a look.

I use the orbit theme, damn nice theme imho.

Guest defunct

first of all i have seen "IMHO" in lots of tutorials, etc. what does it mean :)

Ok I downloaded phoenix like the 2nd day they released it (a bit ago) and the problem I had was I never had a url box where I could type in the address to go to??? I don't know what in the world was wrong but I tried view and everything and couldn't get a box to come up, also tried multiple shortcut keys. So I don't use phoenix because the crap has no url thing lol.

Guest Cyclops

Hey, guys - it looks like Mozilla is about to release Phoenix 0.2 (Santa Cruz), and they are saying version 0.3 is planned for release on Oct 8th. The Mozilla folks seem to be pretty serious about making this the best browser ever. Keep in mind that it's the Mozilla folks themselves that are building and distributing this browser.

I'm still using verison 0.1 and I like it! :wink:

Phoenix Web Browser

Guest Cyclops
Hard to beat what they already have.

Faster certainly, better? it depends on your preferences

Yep, I agree completely, but I also feel sure that the Mozilla folks aren't really thinking that this version is far enough along to make everyone want to switch, just yet. It's still got too many bugs and it lacks too many features for most users. I like it now due to it's simplicity and speed, but if they keep it fast and lean, and can still manage to bring most of the prefs, I'll like it far better than the present Mozilla.

They are coming out with new versions pretty quickly (version 0.3 is due out Oct 8th), so it shouldn't take long to see where it's all headed. ;)

Guest defunct

Yea but the newer versions come out quickly because they're just bug fixes that people report, and they find. Once that slows down, development probally will. Also you can probally find out where they are headed on their site.