Perfect Linux review!

arctic

this is a nice story of a "windows die-hard user and technology-expert" who "tests" linux. well, the most interesting stuff is the discussion added to the "review". just read on and smile. i found it quite amusing. :)

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/wlg/5211

this is a nice story of a "windows die-hard user and technology-expert" who "tests" linux. well, the most interesting stuff is the discussion added to the "review". just read on and smile. i found it quite amusing. :)

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/wlg/5211

Yeah, especially the guy who recommended FVWM (!) as the perfect alternative to KDE. Like a KDE-head is going to jump right into FVWM and instantly understand all of it... not to mention it looks damn ugly in its defauly state. :screwy:

Edited by Darkelve

my first thought was: what is this bull$%&§ about? but then, i found several "articles" at OS-News that always tell the world, how bad linux and apple are, and that apple should switch to amusement stuff (like ipod) and linux should vanish altogether, because it is outdated etc...

it just looks as if this is again a mayor campaign by microsoft, "talking bad" 'bout other systems, thus trying to defend their diminishing market. and i expect more to come.

btw.: the author of that article earns his money by writing books for windows-users, so how should he write: buy/download linux, 'cause it can do everything that we want and ... please don't buy my books anymore, i don't need money to survive! :lol:

Edited by arctic

I'm a long-time shareware fan, and there's far more useful and easily available shareware available for Windows than Linux.

:screwy:

Technically, he's probably right: most of the software available under Linux, although of much better quality and much less restrictive (as in freedom), *is not* shareware! :D

Since Windows has more shareware, he's right to say that there is: "far more useful and easily available shareware available for Windows than Linux."

Micro$oft... what will they think of next? :screwy:

Edited by Darkelve

Hey go easy on the poor guy, he's just past it!

While some people (AussieJohn) springs to mind can make a leap at any point in life and keep learning this guy is obviously past it.

He's like a fish adapted to living in water being put in the fresh air and the freedom is choking him.

4 hours, I bet he held his breath the whole time...

but seriously, does this self professed technology expert sound like the sort to learn anything from his son?

hehe

There used to be a TV comedy in the UK called The Fast show and one of the characters was crap dad.

"Hey Dad I got this great new OS to try"

"Not now stupid son, Im trying to get rid of this spyware"

"But Dad it will get rid of it forever"

"Dont be stupid, stupid son... now run along and go and show mommy."

"Mam why wont he listen to me"

"Dont worry smart son, whats the OS"

"Oh its knoppix"

"Ahh Linux then, Ive got a Deb install on a partition but he hasnt noticed yet"

"Really Mum your into debian"

"Oh, course but I love Mandrake too."

"Mum your the coolest!"

"Just wait till you see the embedded Linux I put in the car, its got GPS tracking so when pops pretends he's off having an affair with Mrs Biggs I know he's really down at the computer service place getitng his virus's removed"

"But mom how can you share a PC with him knowing he does that"

"Oh now clever son.. thats just part of being married as my granmommie used to say"

lol that's great Gowator!

I remember the Fast Show. I *adored* the sketches of the football supporter (cannot remember what team) that was always doing things like cheering for the wrong team and stuff like that :)

I wish I could see them again... fast show not running anymore here that I know of... sigh

Edited by Darkelve