My article in PC Format...

SoulSe

In relation to this: http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=11366&st=0

I did finally write the article and it was printed over three pages in the South African version of PC Format magazine.

The international offices in the UK liked the article alot as well and are considering using it as well. *holding thumbs*

The editor did mess me around a bit though (she credited one of the sub-editors of the piece as being a co-writer :angry: )

Anyway, I'm going to find out if I will be allowed to scan it and put it up somewhere...

I've also been receiving mail from readers who want me to help them make their desktops look like mine (they printed a screenshot of my desktop). :cheesy:

EDIT: I almost forgot the most important part of this post - thanks to those of you who helped with info for this article! Especially DOlson who was so so so helpfull (as always).

The article ended up being very UN-technical, but I liked it.

Edited by SoulSe

For us Americans, is there anyway to view the article?

SoulSe, you know I can understand South African (kind of - Dutch is very close), I'd even be willing to translate it with some help ;)

Edited by Darkelve

For us Americans, is there anyway to view the article?

SoulSe, you know I can understand South African (kind of - Dutch is very close), I'd even be willing to translate it with some help ;)

You mean Afrikaans? We have eleven official languages in South Africa, none called 'South African'. :cheesy:

For all of you who want to read the article, I am going to scan it and put it on the net as soon as I can...

yebo!

:o

The Friendly Englishman takes his friedliness to an international level.

<whisper>I guess it helps that he lived here for a while.</whisper>

Nie man, Je maak nie a sambriel oop in a man se gat nie! (Finally I got a chance to use that in real conversation!)

Shhhh! They were all impressed with me until you said that! (Assumming they didn't just think I was spouting nonsese)

yebo!

:o

The Friendly Englishman takes his friedliness to an international level.

<whisper>I guess it helps that he lived here for a while.</whisper>

Nie man, Je maak nie a sambriel oop in a man se gat nie! (Finally I got a chance to use that in real conversation!)

Shhhh! They were all impressed with me until you said that! (Assumming they didn't just think I was spouting nonsese)

I thought you did! :P