urpmi souces to point to web sources only

Cornellius

probably a small bug... I don't think this script (or whatever it is) wasn't too polished as evident by the problems we have seen with CD number 4 listing that was included with the community release. You could try removing the 3 CDs (after making a note of how they are listed).

I have installed a couple apps from a "contrib" source (including gimp2... that is not on the 3 CD set) and I had to insert CD2 to complete the install. I unfortunately wasn't watching too closely... could of been a missing depend it wanted too?

NOTE: The kernel package is not going to show up via the GUI software installer. Although kernel-source will.

From re-reading this thread and also your other thread in this forum, I think I may see what is happening here ???

You are looking to install a kernel package that is currently only listed in MDK 10 sources and you are most likely running a prior version and have sources configured for the prior version, which does not have this kernel available there and why your not getting it.

So instead of configuring a 10 source for an earlier version, I would just download the following and then install with rpm:

kernel-2.6.3.7mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm

kernel-source-2.6.3-7mdk.i586.rpm

Here's the commands:

cd RPMs  (RPMs would be the folder I saved the files to)
su
<enter root password>
rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.3.7mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm
lilo

upon reboot, you should have a new entry to boot your new kernel (will look like "263" instead of "linux" if your booting lilo like me)