Can you believe this "jerk"

cjc

I clicked on the PCLO link just to see where it went

Look what some Jerk wrote:

hacked by BlackCodeWriter

Hacked By BLACKCODEWRITER . you guys , you should try to secure your webs orelse you will be hacked again. I didnt do anything to your DB or forums or..... . but next time will be diffrent . bye .

Note: I'm more likely to shut the site down than continue getting hacked and find fix after fix for PHP-Nuke. Maintaining Nuke code and trying to secure it is far too time consuming to keep up. If there is a volunteer who is skilled with fixing PHP exploits and who can shoe horn in our current configuration to a current release of PHP-Nuke (we have non-standard forums, which break the standard upgrade), we'd be interested in doing business with you. As it stands right now, these antics only lesson the chances of this site remaining. -- TheDarb

Aw man what a total jerk...makes me yern for a little private interview with the hacker....

Hey hacker, check this out...it could be you :hanged:

Edited by cjc

dunno if this is related, but PClinuxonline website is down, with this message:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in /home/thedarb/public_html/db/db.php on line 88"

Website being down for a long time seems like enough damage to me.

Edited by Darkelve

Well, if he didn't do any permanent damage then he may just be one of those so called "white hackers" which alert sites to their vulnerabilities....

He/she is threatening to destroy or muck up the database next time. I don't see anything "white" about that comment.

Its not funny, its not clever. Maybe he/she should hack into a psychiatrist database and find a cure for the illness he/she has. :angry:

dunno if this is related, but PClinuxonline website is down, with this message:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in /home/thedarb/public_html/db/db.php on line 88"

Website being down for a long time seems like enough damage to me.

Well, in that case I am inclined to agree. :wall:

Well, if he didn't do any permanent damage then he may just be one of those so called "white hackers" which alert sites to their vulnerabilities....

He/she is threatening to destroy or muck up the database next time. I don't see anything "white" about that comment.

Its not funny, its not clever. Maybe he/she should hack into a psychiatrist database and find a cure for the illness he/she has. :angry:

On second thought, you are right. :unsure:

It couldn't *really* be Darl Mcbride, now could it? The profile and way of acting just comes *so* close...

Edit: website is back up.

Re-reading that statement is a bit confusing though... who did what and who replied to who?? I suppose the maintainter of the website replied in his note to the hacker threat?

Edited by Darkelve

According to this note they were upgrading the board.

Note: Upgrade to PHP-Nuke 7.1 and the new Splatt Forums 4.2 completed. Thanks to Splatt for having a new release since I last tried to upgrade us. -- Thedarb

The link and alternative text for our logo is still there. Hopefully that means they'll be adding it back soon.

Yes, i see its back up. Our logo has vanished though. Maybe their working on it.

don't bkup very often do they? :zzz:

No they don't. The last hack they had took almost a week to sort out.

BTW i backup our database twice a day.