CD-burning Packages for Mandrake

Guest Cyclops

Hey guys, I've been using X-CD-Roast with Mandrake 8.2, and it's been extremely good so far, but do any of you know of anything that is better? If so, can you fill me in on why it's better? TIA... :)

the command line has to be the way to go for me

cdrecord -scanbus (this will give you your dev numbers)

mkisofs -V #name# -o /path/to/image.iso /path/to/tree

cdrecord -v -v speed=8 dev=0,0,0 /path/to/image.iso

#Copying a datacd

dd if=/dev/cdrom | cdrecord -v -eject speed=8 dev=0,0,0 -

#Copying an Audio CD

cdparanoia -vB 1- ~/tmp/name && cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,0,0 -pad -audio ~/tmp/track*

I heard that CDBakeOven is good, but I use eRoaster.

I like cdbakeoven. I use XCDroast more often because it's easier to find in rpm format (works well too).k3b I've got to try again. It didn't work well the last time I tried it. KOnCD is also something you could try just to see if it works for you.

thnx for the link to the petition DOlson. You should put up a post in offtopic and encourage everyone here to go vote since the link's gonna go whenever you change you're sig.

I agree with paul, and in fact, I was working on a tutorial for CLI burning... But I'm back in school, so it's slow going.

eroaster or cmd line . Check out this link for an excellent tutorial on cmd line burning amongst other things. Ok more like quick tips but still an excellent source. http://speculation.org/garrick/tips.html

Thanks to all of you for your replies. I've loaded Mandrake 9.0 and it has 3 different GUI frontends, so I'll play with all of them a bit and try some of the others you've all suggested, as well. Thanks again! 8)

I heard a rumour a while ago that Nero was going to be ported to Linux. Has anyone else heard this and is it true? It would be amazing if we could get Nero for Linux.

Rumor? You mean the email I received from Nero stating that they were planning a Linux release?

No, never heard about that one. ;)