Any good Web Radio's ?

TopDog

The only app I miss from the Windows-world is iTunes... I love to listen to web-radio.

I saw Rhythmbox, but couldn't install it (yeah, I'm a Linux-n00b...)

Anyone want to give me a how-to to install it, have the link to a functioning .rpm or another web-radio app that works?

Yeah, and I've got Mandrake 9.2.

why not use good old xmms?

So you can use XMMS? Thats great! I'll try it as soon as I get online... (have some probs with my nforce2 and mdk9.2)

Realplayer... is it easy to install?

why not use good old xmms?

If you go to shoutcast.com select a stream and open it in xmms it should play like a dream.

Eska

This is good advise... I have been using winamp for years and am ADDICTED to shoutcast streams... ADDICTED I say! I have my XMMS config'd jus ;like when I was using microshaft and I cant find a better app for streaming choons or mp3's. You have the fat 10 band EQ and endless skins... not to mention tasty sound quality on shoutcast streams 128k and higher. I recommend Monkey radio, SomaFM, Lounge, Bassdrive, Proton radio, beat blender, Groovesalad, and the super nice Epiphany radio :thumbs:

Im a dj can u tell ;)

I tried using XMMS, but it crashes every time (the sound continues, but I can't stop it, change it or kill XMMS, need to log-off...) Any ideas why (I use Opera 7.23 web-browser)?

Using Totum worked very well though... thanks for the tip!

Mmmm, I have the PC connected to the Stereo and usually dont listen other countrys radios, thought, there is one i always hear when i go to a cyber-coffee:

www.gen1015.com.ar

Thats Rock and Pop Classics. Enjoy :joker:

or

www.mega983.com.ar

Pure National Rock (Argentina :jester:)

Edited by sud_crow