Another Windows versus Linux on the desktop comparison

Guest Mestizo

I laghed so hard I almost peed when I read this line,
despite what some open source fascists will tell you

As for this being a joke, I wish. Just look at the top of the page, "Jorge Lopez, MCSE"

MCSE = Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer

THis brain dead retard actualy belives that it's all true.

MCSE != Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer

MCSE == Mentally Challenged Slave of the Empire

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: 

Hey, everybody, are you familiar with Voltaire and the art of satire? This entire article is an excellent satire, even the mcse stuff. Look at the first paragraph. No administrator "does" anything directly on the server as described! I can't imagine any computer geek bragging about ripping cd's on the server. It is sarcasm. He even starts by talking about useability and immediately goes into an advertisement for running a robust network. I have three machines on my home network, and that's more than most of the people I know! Again, satire.

It is a good and funny read! :wink:

Guys/Gals

READ IT.....

Don't bother posting on an article you haven't read. He's getting better too. Now every paragraph is self justifying in terms of sarcasm. Its kinda ironic that he writes it in the style Microsoft would LIKE to write it. Like the whole Barbie/Mattel thing. This is what Micro$ really think, its called irony.

Its rather sad that he can throw in a few terms with ridiculous justifications and people on here BELIEVE its a pro-MS article.

Anyone who skims through it and thinks its pro-MS really need to go back to windows. You are the same people who look through a configuration file and fail to actually READ any of it.

I knew it was a joke site the second I saw the photo,... Without even reading the article, I saw the link below it, and that cinched it.

The scary thing is that there are people who actually think this way.

One old guy who is a store manager at a local EBX said he supports M$ over Linux because M$ is an American company,... and Linux is "what??? Sweedish???" I nearly pooped myself. Besides the inaccuracy about what Linux even is, was the way he just jumped on the bandwagon of everyone else like a lemming.

By that logic, a German should have supported Hitler during WWII because he was a GERMAN psychotic dictator.

:oops: /me mcse/mcp +I in NT 4.0 :oops:

It was before I really knew the power of Linux.

Hi, my name is cybrjackle and I'm a recovering mcse, I have sucesfully recovered from my addiction and moved on to Linux/Unix.

8)

Hitler was Austrian!

No it is scary of course.

But as i asked about in the Barbie/Matel article...which is more scary.

That drones follow this or that the marketers secretly pump out this crap with a very thin veneer and people swallow it?

Knocking someone just because they have an MSCE (whether this guy has or not) is stupid. We all do what we have to to keep a job.

Not only that but people like cybrjackle really know Windows is CRAP becuase they took the time to learn about it and THEN decided it was CRAP.

So the store manager at EBEX is just doing what a lot of others are doing.

Its one thing to knock M$ for their marketing policies etc. BUT unless you truly understand the system you really don't realise how bad it really is....

I don't have an MSCE but if it comes to getting one or loosing my job then I guess Ill get one. If this guy really has one then all power to him for actually taking the piss.

Not only that but people like cybrjackle really know Windows is CRAP becuase they took the time to learn about it and THEN decided it was CRAP.

AMEN!

With that too, it got my foot in the door 3-4 years ago were I'm still employed & now happily working on Solaris! :D

Yes, windows is CRAP! :lol:

I have dabbled with Mandrake Linux for a day or so, and I was shocked by how few preference-gathering applications were running in the background and how it did absolutely no "calling home", never even contacting the Mandrake server to make sure my product's license key was intact..

He he he ! The sort of thing I really don't miss.

Who wants to use an operating system that doesn't learn about you, that doesn't keep track of what you like to look at on the web, listen to, or watch?

Probably, he likes to receive a bunch o spam all the time.

With Windows XP Home, I have the peace of mind that comes with knowing my habits and activities are being monitored by Microsoft, and my computer's hardware configuration and list of installed software is being stored in a database in Redmond.

He should read G. Orwell and I like privacy.

I don't consider myself able to technically discuss what that funny guy has stated, the only thing I can say is that "there's no account for taste"and indeed I don't use windows at home, it's a conscious option. I can say that MS Windows makes people to behave and think like a dumb. That's what probably justify his ideas.