Another Windows versus Linux on the desktop comparison

Guest Mestizo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the LOVE of anything you hold sacred.

Every + point he mentionerd he knows full well is negative.

There is no point trying to pull apart what he already did.

I find it hard to believe that after reading this through FULLY anyone would believe the guy is PRO M$

Now whether its a good idea is a different matter...

He (and I) can't see how ANYONE, even the most avid WinDrone could take this seriously. Its obvious he is knocking M$ at EVERY point.

But it seems some of you do.....

Hmmm, So much for my hopes that Mandrake users has a better, more educated class of members.

VERY SAD.

Guest klinger2004

here's my favorite part...

Windows versus Linux - Applications and Utilities

I save a lot of time thanks to Windows XP, which brings me to another area where Linux is lacking. As I am sitting here writing this column, my computer is busily defragging my hard drive, running my virus scanner, and I'm being shown a list of all the latest MS security patches that are being remotely installed on my machine today. Why doesn't Linux come with any defragmenting tools or virus scanners or Active Backdoor Update like you get with Windows? These are all must-have features for me. Linux is seriously lacking in Internet utilities as well. No way would I run a Linux operating system if it means I can't connect to America Online. Also, where is Microsoft Office for Linux, Windows Media Player for Linux and Outlook Express for Linux? Nowhere to be found. If I can't type a letter, make a spreadsheet, or email anyone with Linux, why on earth would I ever put it on my desktop?

Advantage: Windows

that's good reading!

Where's the Microsoft Office for Linux? Well, I know there is OpenOffice but isn't that a question for Microsoft?