RPMDRAKE is not on the hard disk.

Guest ADP

I tried to install rpmdrake using “urpmi rpmdrake” and I get the answer: “everything is installed”

Now perhaps the following would correct the problem:

I read somewhere that there shouldn’t be any HDList files in the var/lib/urpmi directory. I checked that directory and there are hdlist.installation cd1, 2 and 3 and synthesis hdlist.installation cd1, 2 and 3. files. Should I remove these files?

Regards

In KDE, right click on the desktop and go to Create New -> CD/DVD-Rom device

From there, you will be able to tell it what mount point (typically /mnt/cdrom) for your CD-ROM. Then you can pick icons and everything too. To mount a CD, put it in the drive, right click on that icon and choose mount. It unmount/eject it, make sure all windows are closed that may have accessed the device (Konqueror, Nautilus), right click on the icon and choose unmount. Then you will be able to eject the cd. You can repeat the same for your floppy (/mnt/floppy)

Do you use kde? Rt-click the desktop>configure desktop (or something) and somewhere in there is a place to say what is and what is not shown on the desktop. I believe you can mount and unmount by rt-clicking the icons on the desktop. You can also do it from a terminal/console/CLI with the commands

mount

and

umount

[EDIT]try LiquidZoo's way first...he uses kde....I do not :wink: