RPMDRAKE is not on the hard disk.

Guest ADP

/dev/hdb5 / ext2 defaults 1 1

none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0

none /mnt/cdrom supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/hdc,--,iocharset=utf8,nosuid,ro,umask=0,nodev,exec 0 0

none /mnt/floppy supermount fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0,--,iocharset=utf8,nosuid,umask=0,unhide,nodev 0 0

/dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c vfat iocharset=utf8,umask=0 0 0

/dev/hdb1 /mnt/win_c2 vfat iocharset=utf8,umask=0 0 0

none /proc proc defaults 0 0

/dev/hdb6 swap swap defaults 0 0

Now you said to mount them manually any time I want to use them. Is there a way to mount them permanently? Because it will be a pain you know where if I have to do this exercise everytime I want to use the cdrom or a floppy.

Now you said to mount them manually any time I want to use them. Is there a way to mount them permanently? Because it will be a pain you know where if I have to do this exercise everytime I want to use the cdrom or a floppy.

You can, but you would not be able to eject the CD. Until supermount gets fixed (hasn't happened since it was introduced) this is the easiest way to do it. I also notice that your /etc/fstab says that supermount is still enabled? My guess is if you were to reboot, supermount would re-enable itself and you would be in the same boat as before. You can turn it off permanently by going to MCC -> Mount Points -> CD (and/or floppy) and clicking on options. There will be 3 boxes there, the middle one will say supermount. Uncheck that one and check the other 2, then save the settings (it will prompt you) and repeat for the other device.

If the only time sm gives you trouble is with rpmdrake then leave sm and just disable it when you're going to rpm :wink: ...that's the easiest way. Keep an eye on sm though because this is a good indication that you WILL have other probs with sm....me?...never one prob with sm.

I would like to thank all of you who gave me some great advice regarding RpmDrake. I can see that the development of Supermount is not complete and thus, is not working properly.

As far as I’m concerned I believe the best way to deal with this problem is to leave Supermount enabled and if I need to use RpmDrake or Software Installer, I just have to put a cdrom in the drive. I made a few experiments and have found out that it is not necessary to use the installation disk 2. Any cdrom with any file on it, be it a Linux file or a Windows file, will work.

Regards