comments on an Inno3D GF2 MX400 video card

ramfree17

i had my brother look at the internal and he said there is no agp slot (but he isnt sure what an agp slot looks like either). it already late and im already connected so i guess ill just take a peek tom. he also didnt get to see any serial numbers but i remember the model as redfox M7VKL (dont ask me how i remember it but i just do :wub:).

in case i dont really have an agp slot, can you give me some feedback on PCI graphic cards? i know they suck when compared to AGP cards but im just curious. here is a webpage where people are selling secondhand stuffs. my theoretical budget shouldnt go over Php2000. :(

ciao!

Ooooh.. ramfree, you are in trouble... I just googled your motherboard and your bro is right.. it doesn't have a AGP slot. http://www.redfox.com.tw/Prod.%20Mainboard%20M7VKL.htm

I guess it's PCI card for you instead. Now I don't know where to find PCI GeForce cards, but I think it should be available.

Ooooh.. ramfree, you are in trouble... I just googled your motherboard and your bro is right.. it doesn't have a AGP slot. http://www.redfox.com.tw/Prod.%20Mainboard%20M7VKL.htm

I guess it's PCI card for you instead. Now I don't know where to find PCI GeForce cards, but I think it should be available.

look at the bright side, i dont have to scrounge the money and just wait till my fiancee gives the go ahead for me to buy a new pc. :#:

ciao!

look at the bright side, i dont have to scrounge the money and just wait till my fiancee gives the go ahead for me to buy a new pc. :#:

ciao!

Yup.. by the time your fiancee gives you her blessings, Athlon 64 will probably be widely available. That way you should have a computer that actually 0wn3d instead of second hand crap you've been having right now :)

An Nvidia GForce pci graphics card will out-perform an on-board savage video chip. The agp pipe is not really all that good on your board, and it is possible that the pci slots get just as good flow! Getting off of the shared ram will improve the cpu's performanc, as well as allowing the video to have full access to its own ddr ram. Just get a pci version of the crad you want. You will notice the improved performance.

Well Geforce2 MX PCI version is available, but I will prefer a 2nd hand 3dfx V3000 if it is a PCI card. Others told me DRI (or some other open source driver...?) is working really good with 3dfx, but 3dfx only has 16 bit color depth in 3D acceleration mode, which is a practical approach considering you only have on 133MB/s bandwidth on a PCI bus (where as AGP 2x has 800-1060MB/s).

Actually, I am going to give away my Abit Intel 440BX motherboard (with AGP 2x slot available), wish I can send you this one.