New version of Evolution

tyme

There is a new version of Evolution (version 1.4) that will be available for downloading starting sometime today. This version is _supposed_ to support GTK2 from what I've heard.

Head on over to www.ximian.com and see if it's up....for those who try it out (i plan to later today) post comments here!

as of this posting, it doesn't appear to be up yet-but it's only 1:30am EDT, so.....

oh yeah...i forgot that little detail about how companies will name a week, not a day....those bastads :cry:

update: according to a post on slashdot, it's supposedly up on the servers. checked the mirrors, no sign of it. can't get onto the main ftp server, it seems to be swamped. so...unverifiable reports that it's up ;-) (along with XD2)

update #2: finally got through to the ximian main ftp server, and yup, it's up. for 9.1 users: http://ftp.ximian.com/pub/ximian-evolution...ndrake-91-i586/

if I was at home I'd start a download so that we could put the files up on our FTP server, but alas, I am at work...so anyone who wants it will have to fetch it themselves ;-)

But don't pollute you source compiled messiah distro with it :P

lol....i know! i dunno if i could do that to my oh-so-great system....hail the gentoo box....

update: ah hah! i found the source...on the main ftp server, it's in /pub/source/evolution :-D

as all get out..

that reminds me of my old comp sci prof/advisor at Lycoming College (when I did go there)...she said that once in class, funny as hell. anyways, a bit of nostalgia and some off-topicness there.

I've been using this Evolution 1.3/1.4 crap for a few weeks now, and it doesn't check my sympatico.ca email accounts. Anyone know why?

• 2 weeks later...
I've been using this Evolution 1.3/1.4 crap for a few weeks now, and it doesn't check my sympatico.ca email accounts. Anyone know why?

Evolution 1.4 cannot check POP servers that use Intermail to handle email... You might find that sympatico.ca uses Intermail for POP3

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------

Happilly using RedHat 9 and Ximian Desktop 2