America's Army CD by Gentoo Games Inc.

DOlson

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Americas Army was still in or just coming to the end of beta testing, still gentoo games sounds like a good idea just a shame my pc takes a good 45seconds to find the boot medium when i set it to boot from cd :(

Rickles

I think I will send them some input;

On my wifes puter, it didn't like the USB Mouse and Keyboard, so it decided to die

On my linux box, it took one look at the 2 CPUs and totally gave up and stopped loading

The idea is fantastic, because it keeps you gaming separate from your everyday computer settings, security, and you don't have to worry about change either of them to go online and do some gaming. I really hope this idea is developed a lot futher.

I think I will send them some input;

On my wifes puter, it didn't like the USB Mouse and Keyboard, so it decided to die

On my linux box, it took one look at the 2 CPUs and totally gave up and stopped loading

The idea is fantastic, because it keeps you gaming separate from your everyday computer settings, security, and you don't have to worry about change either of them to go online and do some gaming. I really hope this idea is developed a lot futher.

yup .. I think SMP kills the cd boot :-(

my dual p3 wouldn't load the cd.

but I have the files extracted and I'm playing it just like a normal old game :#:

there are instructions on forums.gentoo.org for extracting the files from the cd.

or email me ... and I'll send you the extracted game that I have

i didn't bother burning the iso

mounted the iso image with -o loop and got the livecd.coop out

then used coop to extract livecd.coop to aa.iso then mounted aa.iso so i could copy the americas army directory into my games directory.

runs great.

i didn't bother burning the iso

mounted the iso image  with -o loop and got the livecd.coop out

then used coop to extract livecd.coop to aa.iso then mounted aa.iso so i could copy the americas army directory into my games directory.

runs great.

I read the stuff at the Gentoo forum, but found it confusing. How can I do this like you are discussing above ? What program is required by Mandrake to extract the coop file ? Where do I get the "coop" package for Mandrake ?