Problems with easyurpmi in Mandriva 2007

Just reinstalled one of my systems with Mandriva 2007 (removing Fedora 5) and found when adding easyurpmi sources, that segmentation faults were occurring. Trying to resolve now, but figure it's something to do with the urpmi application being too old or something.

I've been attempting to add:

main

main_updates

contrib

contrib_updates

plf-free

plf-nonfree

All can be added successfully, with the exception of contrib and contrib_updates. Each time either of these repositories is attempted to be added, a segmentation fault occurs at the end of adding the repository. This results in urpmi being unusable until these repositories are removed, you can remove with:

urpmi.removemedia contrib
urpmi.removemedia contrib_updates

So far I have the other four repositories added without problems, and now applying the updates from all of these using:

urpmi --auto-select --auto

I'm doing this on the basis that, when updated, I can then successfully add contrib and contrib_updates without any further segmentation faults. This is theory of course, will update later to let you know if this is the case. My system will take a couple of hours to update completely no doubt.

However, will update shortly with my findings. In the meantime, if you're experiencing these problems, to try this method and see if it is more successful in getting things working.

Update:

No, the updates didn't fix it. No update has been released for urpmi, although there has for rpmdrake. I'll try this and see if it works any better than urpmi but doubt it.

I have a feeling the contrib and contrib_updates repositories have borked hdlists.