Got fluxbox. Now what?

Guest BooYah

Guest BooYah

I did some reading about fluxbox, but now I'm confused.

All I've got is a blue screen with a set of dentures on it, and the Mandrake logo.

How do I add icons to my desktop? I have to get a seperate app, right? What do you guys recommend and how do I set it up to work with fluxbox?

There are a couple programs to put icons on the desktop, though I do not use them. One is called fbdesk. You can find a link to information about it at http://www.fluxbox.org/

There is also some pretty good documentation on how to configure and use it right there on the site in the documentation section. Check out the keymapping section of the documentation, possibly my favorite feature of fluxbox.

Guest BooYah

Anyone using fluxspace with fluxbox?

I get this error when I try to run fluxspace:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/bin/fluxspace", line 15, in ?

import fluxspace

ImportError: No module named fluxspace

If you really want icons on your desktop - do you really want fluxbox?

You can download some dock apps that can launch your favourite applications and they sit very neatly in the slit thereby keeping your desktop free of clutter - the way a fluxbox desktop should be :D

I seem to have gotten it compile, but everytime I try and start it, it still gives that error that it can't find the configuration file or tables, but it IS there, the permissions are right and the file contents are pristine!

It also didn't compile properly... so I installed a cooker mirror so I can add every library I find...

... so I installed a cooker mirror so I can add every library I find...

:P suicide !!!! :P

I'll take another look at how my system is setup, see if I can't figure something out :roll: