Can't get mandriva 2007 :((

G_Rammstein

Ok. I'm new to mandriva. Until now i'm using suse linux, but now i wanna install mandriva. When i try to download the mandriva 2007 dvd image(the free version) every time it downloads 4Gb, the browser crashes. I've also tried with a different browserm, ut the same thing happened. I tryed downloading from Brithis ftp, romanian ftp and http, german ftp and http, but they all did the same. Is it the mirror or is there something i'm doing wrong?? HEEEEEEEEEELP!!! PLEEEEEEEEASE!! :wall:

:((((((((((((((((((((((( :wall::wall::wall::wall: The same thing happened in win. At the same point, it downloaded 4.0Gb and ERROR. Is there something wrong with the mirrors?? Could it be my hard disk?? though i doubt it cause i never had this cuind of problem and it doesn't say write error, it just says error. ooh. I'm gonna try and download the cd version.

Great, now when i go to mandriva's download page, there is nothing, just a blank page

Edited by Geprge

There are plenty of places you can get a DVD for almost free. All you pay are handling charges. For about two quid the DVD reaches your letterbox. You could try ISO4YOU, or lookup Distrowatch, or look at the ads in a Linux-Format magazine. There are plenty of ways to get a DVD without the hassle of downloading. Another advantage: The DVD stays with you for future use. Better than downloading any day!

Cheers,

Helmut

Edited by Helmut

Hi Geprge,

if you still want a MDV 2007 DVD free version, please try this from a shell window (single line):

wget ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/MandrivaLinux/official/iso/2007.0/DVD/mandriva-free-2007-DVD.iso

Wget is a *very* well tested and reliable application for downloading. What is more, if the download breaks or stops for whatever reason, the data you've already downloaded is not lost. Instead, you can resume from that point amd get the rest of the file by typing "wget -c <URL>". The -c toggles the "continue" option. :-) Be sure to use it from within the same directory where you began when loading the file. (Otherwise wget will create a new file and restart from the beginning!) Check the terminal output.

You'll probably want to do a md5 check on the new data (compare the output of "md5 mandriva-free-2007-DVD.iso" with the content from the file at the path above) afterwards, before burning the ISO.

HTH,

scoonma

Edited by scoonma

Are you trying to store the image in a FAT32 partition?

If you are then- forget it... 4GB is the limit for that filesystem.

Also- many http servers won't support files larger than 4 GB (but in that case the images wouldn't be there, either!). For FTP and BitTorrent there shouldn't be any problem, though.