Cooker-snapshot of MDV 2007 available

arctic

are you asking a question or just making a comment? if you have a question i'd suggest starting another thread ;)

I think both at this time. This things only been in the street 24hrs so who knows what

works and what does not. If memory serves me right the Gnome version of 2006 when

it first came out was totally broken. I'm just asking if anyone else has experianced the same.

I'll give the KDE version ( usually a little further along ) a go in the next day or so.

FWIW I like the one CD version as against the 3-CD's as it's been in the past.

Remember that this is a beta release. The artwork is always done at a very late stage when developing distros (SUSE, Ubuntu, Fedora,... they all do it very late). I guess the final artwork will not be available before august when the 0.6 cooker snapshot will be uploaded.

And I admit: I have no idea what the next release will look like.

Remember that this is a beta release. The artwork is always done at a very late stage when developing distros (SUSE, Ubuntu, Fedora,... they all do it very late). I guess the final artwork will not be available before august when the 0.6 cooker snapshot will be uploaded.

And I admit: I have no idea what the next release will look like.

Yes, I asked only for final will the definate artwork be decided. I guess there still is a lot of time for bugging the devs at #mandriva-cooker and they really do seem to listen to requests made.

I am also happy to report that many things broken have been fixed, though quite a few people, including me, seem to have mysterious freeezes during boot-up.

I just wanted the latest KDE (in spite of all the warning cooker is not the place for getting the latest stuff) and it turned out I got a little more than I bargained for but it has been an interesting expirience seeing the development first hand

This things only been in the street 24hrs so who knows what works and what does not. If memory serves me right the Gnome version of 2006 when it first came out was totally broken.

First, this is Cooker 2007 release, so is beta and likely to be unstable and not work.

Second, gnome worked perfectly fine in 2006 for me, so not sure what you mean by totally broken? I can only imagine a certain feature for you was broken, which of course, is possible.