File browser

ffi

How can I change the file browser (not Konqueror but the one most applications use when opening a file) ? I prefer some extra columns like type, date modified and file size)

If you're using KDE, then you're probably using Konqueror in a filebrowsing mode. In its toolbar there is an icon that enables changing the view: icons, list, detaled...

How can I change the file browser (not Konqueror but the one most applications use when opening a file) ? I prefer some extra columns like type, date modified and file size)

If you're using KDE, then you're probably using Konqueror in a filebrowsing mode. In its toolbar there is an icon that enables changing the view: icons, list, detaled...

I meant the one inside many applications, I´ll post a screenshot to elucidate, this one is for Helix Player but many applications have similar style ¨open file¨ windows .

post-1634-1139657789_thumb.jpg

I am interested in finding an answer to your question also.

I am running KDE, but when I open a file from within firefox I see the gnome style screen you posted. I would prefer to see a KDE style screen if possible.

firefox is a gtk application, so unless mozilla folks join KDE, you won't see a KDE style GUI.

This one is Gnome's default filemanager (Nautilus), and it's called by a few GTK2 based applications. You can call it by alt+F2, "nautilus" and change there its default looks.

This is a file chooser dialog window from GNOME or GTK.

Unless there's a central application where you can set it, like gconf editor, there's no way to change it other than change the applications which call file chooser dialog and then recompile them of course.