kde-3.1.0 rpms for mandrake-9.0 from texstar

Guest ndeb

what with the rpms, what about changing instalation options, how does that go about? like for arts when you configure say you wanted to add ./configure -alsa or what ever it is, i cant remember at the moment, fi thats explained i may have to try them then!

It is still being updated / uploaded, so you have to be patient a bit. Just now right after I downloaded the kdebase-3.1-1-tex.i586.rpm, I refreshed the listing just to find that texstar is uploading kdebase-3.1-2.tex.i586.rpm. Grrr.. 19 megs of download gone to waste. At least I am in DSL right now, but if I am in dialup, I'll wait one more day until the upload is stabilized a bit.

The full version of 3.1 is faster than the rc6. I also think the graphics are cleaner in detail, although it could be that I am no longer bored waiting for kde to do things! :mystismiles:

Guest LinuxExplorer

Excellent. It worked. The only file dependency I couldn't resolve was one associated with the kdegraphics rpm. After looking at what it provided though, I figured I wouldn't bother. Everything else is working fine so far.