Nvidia driver download fails

Leo

I am having difficulty downloading drivers from nvidia.

Every time I attempt to download the driver the download starts and then halts and goes no further.

I am using the firefox browser (and have turned off IPv6). I have tried different days and times.

I have tried pinging the server whilst downloading and also using wget (as suggested by arctic in response to a similar problem below)

However none of these work. I am using LE2005 and a 1Mb adsl connection

Is it only when you download from Nvidia? Or do you have problems with downloads from elsewhere as well?

What DNS servers are you using? Just in case it's a nameserver issue, if you have alternates, it might be worthwhile trying them. You could alter the order they come in, putting you secondary first, and so on and see what happens.

You might have ipv6 enabled for your nic? Does it show against an ifconfig? If so, you could add this to your modprobe.conf:

alias net-pf-10 off

to disable ipv6 on the nic.

ipv6 does seem to be enabled on the nic.

It does just seem to be Nvidia however I have not managed to complete any download from there as a normal user (I have not had any problems with other sites), although as I mentioned above I did complete it as root using wget.

Leo

I find out that Firefox's own download manager is quite lacking if I am trying to download big files. Add to the fact that my cellphone connection is not exactly stable either.

That's why I use flashgot extension for Firefox coupled with d4x. I can even download isos this way.