SuperKaramba and ./configure problem [solved]

WoMBaT

I am trying to use ./configure with SuperKaramba-0.37-RC1 to install this version on Mandriva LE2005. The version that was installed by default and is present in the menu always errors out and tries to do some kind of backtrace.

The ./configure program runs and ends up with this after cd to the SuperKaramba-0.37-RC1 directory and entering ./configure:

checking for KDE... configure: error:

in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.

So, check this please and use another prefix!

What does that mean? How do I get past it? I seem to have similar problems (but not exact verbage) with ANY ./configure operation.

I do have the gcc and g++ libs installed (I installed ALL developer items)

WoMBaT

it seems that you need to add a prefix for configuring the file properly, like ./configure --prefix=/usr/kde or something like that. check the install/readme file. the detailed information on what they expect you to do should be included in the file or it should be available at the superkaramba site.

good luck :)

I get the same thing when I use:

./configure --prefix=/usr/kde

so that I guess is not a KDE Prefix, huh? I thought I saw something somewhere in a readme for a different program (I can't remember what or where) that used something like ~$KDE/ or something like that.

Here's what I get when trying to configure kbfx:

checking for KDE... configure: error:

in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.

So, check this please and use another prefix!

Same message as Karamba and StyleClock. I'm trying to change my desktop with a better clock and stuff. Nothing I download installs. I got the default Karamba to work and gave up installing the newest build of it.

try the following:

install via easyurpmi the "kdelibs-devel" and "kdebase-devel" rpm packages, then retry the build process. it can be either due to some missing devel packages or some missing manually added prefixes, and after adding this package, we will know more... if it is manually added prefixes, then the developer should have written somewhere which prefixes are expected for the buld process.

anyway, good luck for now. :)

try the following:

install via easyurpmi the "kdelibs-devel" and "kdebase-devel" rpm packages, then retry the build process. it can be either due to some missing devel packages or some missing manually added prefixes, and after adding this package, we will know more... if it is manually added prefixes, then the developer should have written somewhere which prefixes are expected for the buld process.

anyway, good luck for now. :)

Yep, that worked...thanks :D