Medal of Honor: Allied Assault *AND* Spearhead!

DOlson

It's only a matter of time before we get to play this!

* LinuxWorld, Day Two (posted 2003-01-23 11:24:14 by icculus):

We are still duct-taping the dead DDR mat, but we've got a second dance ninja here while we feed Brandan (the PyDDR author) oxygen and water to keep him going.

PyDDR is moving to icculus.org Real Soon Now.

Oh, and Surprise Number Two: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, running natively on Linux. Come check it out in Booth #9.

--icculus.

Someone tell Transgaming to kiss my ass and focus on some other game.

BTW, if you missed the announcement from Day One, it was that Serious Sam The Second Encounter is running natively now.

It sounds like we're getting Spearhead too!!!!!!!!

The Spearhead expansion has a crashbug in the renderer on some maps, but otherwise seems to be as functional as the original Allied Assault at this point. When it's done, I'll make the binaries for Allied Assault and Spearhead available. You'll need some way to extract the data files from the original retail discs (which might mean using Wine or Windows). Hopefully TuxGames will come up with a good solution, so hold off on buying the game until we all figure out what's what.

From icculus.org

Guest ryfrazzle

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!(OW!! I just poked myself in the eye with my boner.)

RtCW, UT2, MOH:AA, SS:SE, Americas Army all running natively in linux!!!!!! I think I can finally get rid of my last windows box.

No, wait I still need GOOD ATI drivers, Oh well at least this is a step in the right direction.

Hmm.. since I don't play that kind of games, how much is it?

I am planning to buy the game and give it to my friend who is going to have an experimental linux server.. Let him choke on his words since he said that linux is not a gaming machine yet (he has a windows version of MOHAA but cannot play it due to sucky vid card).

Hmm.. since I don't play that kind of games, how much is it? 

I am planning to buy the game and give it to my friend who is going to have an experimental linux server.. Let him choke on his words since he said that linux is not a gaming machine yet (he has a windows version of MOHAA but cannot play it due to sucky vid card).

If you mean MOHAA and MOHS, they are going to be just installers, from what I am hearing, so you will need the Windows version to play.

If you care about getting counted as a Linux sale and don't already have the games, order them from TuxGames, or if you do, send emails out telling them you use the Linux version, once they are released. :)

If you mean MOHAA and MOHS, they are going to be just installers, from what I am hearing, so you will need the Windows version to play.

If you care about getting counted as a Linux sale and don't already have the games, order them from TuxGames, or if you do, send emails out telling them you use the Linux version, once they are released. :)

Hmm.. checking the TuxGames page about MOHAA, it costs 45 bux for the linux version. That's kind of a bit much for just the installers isn't it? Or does it include the windows version, with the linux installers?

Hmm.. checking the TuxGames page about MOHAA, it costs 45 bux for the linux version. That's kind of a bit much for just the installers isn't it? Or does it include the windows version, with the linux installers?

AHAHAHA!

Look at RTCW. The installer disc is $5, and the game with the installer disc is $45 of $50 or whatever. I'd never recommend TuxGames if they charged $45 for an installer. Heh.

I'll talk to Michael and see if they'll sell just the installer, but they may not. I dunno.

The $45 most definately has the game data and the Linux installer. I am 99.99% sure it'll be the WinCD packed with an installer disc - and your purchase will count as a Linux sale, and if you use dolson as your referrer, I'll get a 5% donation from them. :)

Oh, and by the way, I don't think TuxGames has MOHS up on their site yet (last I checked, anyhow). So it'll be MOHAA only for $45, and I hope they'll sell the expansion as well. I'm sure it'll happen.

• 1 month later...