ndiswrapper problem

Michael_C15

Im useing Mandrake 10.1 and im setting up ndiswrapper so i can use my Dell wireless 1450 USB Adapter and I almost got everything done with, when i type ndiswrapper -l it detects that my adapter is hooked up. When i type "modprobe ndiswrapper" It gives me this error "Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/2.6.8.1-12mdksmp/misc/ndiswrapper.ko Invalid module format" What does that mean? Is there a way i can fix this?

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

the ndiswrapper is a kernel module (something like a driver in the windows world). You 'install' the module with the modprobe ndiswrapper command. The error you get means that the module you are trying to install (called loading in the linux world) doesn't fit. You need a module that fits your kernel so only use mandrake packages (in this case precompiled ndiswrapper modules) or build it yourself and post the errors you get here.

Okay well i removed the ndiswrapper i had then i installed the one mandrake came with. Now what do i do? I tried installing the .INF file but when i type ndiswrapper -l it says my hardware is not present. And i was looking the mandrake's version didnt install as many files as the other ones. Is there something else i have to do?? Thanks for helping me out :cheesy::thanks:

srap all of your ndiswrapper versions

go to sourceforge and get the newest ndiswrapper version

after you untar it look for the read me file and follow step by step

mandrake's version of ndiswrapper is old

also do a good search in the forum there are plenty of wlk throughs posted by members

I installed the only package named ndiswrapper useing the install software program.

Hi, Have you checked which version you are running (in the CLI type ndiswrapper --version) I found that even after installing the currnet version if the older version isn't uninstalled completely you will invoke the older ndiswrapper. Apologies if you have already tried this..