open office 2.0

arctic

great days for gnome-users are ahead. Oo2 will fully support gtk2 and thus have the look of all othere gnome-apps. a full kde-support is on the way but will probably not make it into 2.0 (maybe 2.1?).

the look can be tweaked even more now. if you want the ms-office look, one mouseclick and you get it. want the old look? one click again. and all toolbars will be more customizable in the future. icons, position, size and docking. sounds nice, eh? :)

...much improvements such as - they will make word count feature easily findable instead of hiding it as it currently is. It will also be able to count the number of words within a highlighted body of text.

The spreadsheet will now support 65000 cells and so any size Excel spreadsheet can be opened.

And there is to be a front end to an improved database.

Some nice improvements are on the way...

I'm using the 1.9 devel version right now and I'm not very impressed. Yes, it has full support for GTK2 but it's slower than 1.1 and feels unstable. I hope they will fix this in 2.0.

Anyway if you want to give it a shot you can download it in rpm format from openoffice.org.

I'm using the 1.9 devel version right now and I'm not very impressed. Yes, it has full support for GTK2 but it's slower than 1.1 and feels unstable. I hope they will fix this in 2.0.

Anyway if you want to give it a shot you can download it in rpm format from openoffice.org.

read what you said man.... I'm using the 1.9 devel version

its the developmental version, of course it's going to be slow and unstable. Thats normal.

I'm running the developmental GNOME 2.9, Nautilus crashes, gnome-panel crashes, but thats part of using it.

You use it, finding the bugs and crashes, then reporting them.

iphitus

Some good improvements but unfortuanately the charting abilities are still very very poor even compared to excell. Of course there is stuff like gnuplot which makes excell charts look like a joke but nobody at work accept me will use it. They had apparantly a new charting module in developement that had most of the basically required features but it was cancelled for 2.0 so the charts are the same as in 1.1.x.