Uninstall Supermount

Additional, i recognized this problem only existing on machines with more than ONE CD-drive (equal if burner, SCSI or not).

Cutting additional drives off had resulted in a working supermount on three machines here....

I noticed, as i looked on a LM8.2 machine, that there is a small difference in the way, supermount is declared in fstab is:

NOW:

none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

none /mnt/dvd supermount dev=/dev/hdd,fs=auto,ro,--,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,sync,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

LM8.2:

/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

/mnt/dvd /mnt/dvd supermount dev=/dev/hdd,fs=auto,ro,--,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

/mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,sync,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

Perhaps this differnece is all, that is needed?

Try it out, i've got no access to that machine in the moment to try it...

Hi BVC,

you said:

When you go to mcc>MountPoints>?cdrom?>tick Options, click O.K., it then list

user

supermount

noauto

Did you select user, and noauto? and unselect supermount? This is all that's required to turn off supermount.

Hmm, I tried this and it didn't work :(

I have a DVD and a CDRW both of which were initially setup with supermount and seem to be working fine. When I followed the instruction above, checking both user and noauto and unchecking supermount, whenever I click on the respective desktop icon konqueror opens but nothing is displayed and the stsus bar says 0 file 0 directories. As soon as I revert back to unchecking user and noauto and checking supermount the contents display correctly.

I also discovered that supermount was causing the incredibly long delay when checking for dependencies and installed packages in RPMDrake. I turned it off and now it is faster than in LM8.1.

Glitz.