Gnome

Artificial Intelligence

Hello there folks.

I don't know much of Gnome application and stuff, I'm kde user (mainly), but I'm trying to setup my gnome desktop and I'll like to know what kind of gnome stuff should I concidering to install.

Any suggestions are appriciated :banana: (hurray for the banana)

with best regards

The AI Dude

Just get some of bvc's themes :thumbs:

anyhow I have to how ever say, I didn't like the new corrections you made to your d3a theme, I liked the old one a little better .... just a comment, that's the only change I'm able to see, either how I still like it and Use it :P

-Luis

Just get some of bvc's themes :thumbs:

anyhow I have to how ever say, I didn't like the new corrections you made to your d3a theme, I liked the old one a little better .... just a comment, that's the only change I'm able to see, either how I still like it and Use it :P

-Luis

hey, work with me here. I'm dealing with a very limited gtk :beer:

old progressbar is back....go get it and read the README_IMAGES file.

Nope, I'm not kidding :P

I'm asking because on Kde there's alot of xtra stuff to pick, a jungle to be exactly. So I guess Gnome must have alot of extra stuff too.

I'm running Gnome ubuntu, but somehow I can't find this file browser: http://www.kernow-webhosting.com/~bvc/them...tal-Harmony.jpg

Any Idea what's called?

.:=The AI Dude=:.

Did you want 'browser' by default?

Or did ya just rt-click?

you could install the gnome-cups-manager if it's not already. Other than that it's just dependent upon what you need. Unlike kde, most indepentent apps that are gtk don't indicate so by there name. Abiword is an excellent word processor, is gtk2, integrates well with gnome, and has special gnome plugins.

If you say that Abiword is so good I'm gonna install it myself.

AI, you'll have a lot of phun with GNOME + bvc's themes. At first it doesn't look as friendly as KDE but after you configure it, discover it's specific programs and stuff you will get to this conclusion: GNOME rulz.

You should install GNOME System Tools for easy management and configuration of network, processes etc.