mdk 10.1 rc1 and pendrives

fahd

I like mdklinux, BUT it still does not handle usb pendrives. Windows xp does correctly handle usb pendrives since 2001. Really it is very weird in linux world. Linux kernel is strong enough and more dependable than windows. Unfortunately linux is not 100% applicable in desktop world as windows. Any body can prove if this is not the truth!! Linux fans should wait a lot of years to get an useful and applicable DESKTOP ops. We often say here, that mandrakelinux is the only linux distro who takes care of the community, that is correct. Mandrakesoft has done a good job developing mandrake linux for the folks all over the world, but something is missing there. Mandrake soft has urgently to make a serious development forgetting such rapid development (mdk 9.x, mdk 10.x etc.). No doubt that mdk linux is the best linux distro, but has a lot to do. My best regards to mdk soft.

I have had, for about 6 months, a 32mb pendrive that works fine in m/d 10.0

I then bought a 256mb drive (SanDisk cruzer) and my machine just locks up tight. I tried it in another m/d 10 box and got the same thing.

Why would a USB pendrive not work with Mandrake?

Who knows?

I heard of something that not all USB disks are made alike. They way they formatted it or something. I have a USB disks that locks up in my mandrake 10 but if I just plug it in when it is still running but not when I boot up with it. All I have to do to fix it is to reformat the hard disk using qtparted and now it works perfectly in both Windows and Linux.

I have a feeling it's mostly the way the laptop USB interface is setup though. This USB interface in this toshiba laptop is nothing but problems.